Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Front camber kit?

- - - - - Camber adjustment Front camber HSG R = Camber kit

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

elnevio

elnevio

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGloucester, UK

Hi Folks

Hi had my wheel alignment done a few weeks ago.  And the front camber was very negative!  The tech reduced it as much as possible, but it was still right on the higher (well, lower, I suppose!) negative limit.  The tyres that came off the front were very heavily worn on the inside edge.  The other adjustments weren't much to worry about, i.e. toe, caster, etc.

He said that the camber adjustment range is very limited (I tend not to touch suspension much, so I'm not particularly clued up on the area) but that maybe there is a camber adjustment bolt kit available?

I had a look in the parts thread, and spotted a camber adjustment bolt, but don't know if this is the stock part, or something that will help my cause.

Or, does anyone else have any pointers?  I was wondering if the bolt hole can be drilled out a little to slightly increase the available range.

I also keep considering front coilovers and uprated rear springs and shocks, but these are nigh-on impossible to get in the UK, as I would rather get something bolt-on, without being from something else and needing modification to fit (although not entirely ruling this route out).

Sorry for the waffle, but hope you knowledgeable chaps can help! :)

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • LocationThe home of unemployed bogans - Hervey bay,

Whiteline sell camber bolts, which I have installed currently on my RVR. They adjust -ve or +ve

http://www.whiteline...t_number=KCA412

Edited by Benzo4gT, 03 May 2016 - 09:49 AM.

Bit of a tool, and owner of "The Turdis" - Hervey Bay

elnevio

elnevio

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGloucester, UK
Top job! I knew I should have asked the short version of the question! :D

I have located them in the UK, being sold by Co-ordsport:

http://www.part-box....oducts_id=71207

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

No problem :thumbsup:

TBOWGN

TBOWGN

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Whiteline sell camber bolts, which I have installed currently on my RVR. They adjust -ve or +ve

http://www.whiteline...t_number=KCA412

Did you just fit one each side on the top bolt holes Benny?  Remind me what suspension you run again Sir?

Edited by TBOWGN, 04 May 2016 - 11:33 AM.

Black and White RVR Hypergear

Mad_Polly_Logo.jpg

leon r

leon r

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationMass, USA
Would you happen to have actual camber value?

96 Eclipse Spyder AWD (summer beater)
93 Eagle Summit TSI AWD (4G63 swap)
01 Isuzu Vehicross (winter beater)
80 Triumph TR7 (4G63 swap)
www.reitmanracing.com

elnevio

elnevio

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGloucester, UK

Me?

I will have to wait to get home and check the print out.

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Did you just fit one each side on the top bolt holes Benny?  Remind me what suspension you run again Sir?

Yeah, top holes as per instructions, running stiffer springs with stock shocks, really nothing special and a little ghetto compared to some of you other guys.

I had it set up by friends who own a tyre shop as well as race cars, it's around -1.7 each side. It sounds like a lot for the street but I find it really helps my RVR, I really enjoy it. You have to commit to the corner though, and not hit full boost mid corner unless you want the rear to start having a party. I will add though that I've removed around 100kg from the car, all of it at the rear ;)

It's not ideal by any means, but for how I'm getting my build done it will do for now

leon r

leon r

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationMass, USA
-1.7 is not all that bad! Personally, I want to be closer to -2.5! I will have to modify my camber plates to make it happen.

96 Eclipse Spyder AWD (summer beater)
93 Eagle Summit TSI AWD (4G63 swap)
01 Isuzu Vehicross (winter beater)
80 Triumph TR7 (4G63 swap)
www.reitmanracing.com

warbo

warbo

4g63 breaker

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationDarwin
I installed front adjustable camber tops from Kmac on my old hsg. Just the pillow ball section, not the complete adjustable shocker. This was after frustration with being unable to adequately tension adjustable camber bolts to stop them moving after wheel alignment. Sorry but don't have any pics or literature as vehicle sold several weeks ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users