Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

C63A from NZ

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

1 BAD C63A

1 BAD C63A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNZ
Here's my 88 C63A gsr lancer.
image_zpsauoyi1xm.jpeg
I liked the C63A because of the ZR4 eterna version but half the weight.
image_zpsx7lwlijv.jpeg
I ran the 4g61 for many years, I bought a crashed VR4 for $500 and stripped the motor and ecu, sold the rest for parts and basically made money. I bolted on the tdo5, plugged in the Ecu, airflow meter, injectors, bolted up throttle body and managed a 14.1 on the qtr mile. Front wheel drive peeling rubber most of the way down.
image_zpsw7h7shps.jpeg
When putting the 3" exhaust off the turbo, getting the hybrid td06/big16g turbo built by Steve Murch soon had me losing control of boost and getting bad boost cut, after putting on the turbinetics waste gate we managed to gain control back but in the end fried the 1600. So I built up the 4g63 at Edgell Motorsport, Je Pistons, lightened, balanced, arp bolt kit, evo4 racing head gasket, we then had much debate about what head to use.
image_zpszyzme29c.jpeg
If you know ya 4G's you'll see the 4g61 inlet manifold, reason... Vr4 inlet ports were huge, Edgell Motorsport recommended evo head, they had one there and when looking I said it looks like the 4g61 head, similar port size, I grabbed a reconditioned one I had at home and we decided this would be perfect, use the same inlet manifold, coil pack, everything matched the engine bay so ideal...we put the evo cams on as they had more lift etc. I still run the evo 510cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, and malpassi reg. Throttle body has been bored out also by Steve Murch at Motorsport Engineering. I had the headers made at Monster race fab NZ, just so I could get rid of the cast manifold and bolt up,the wastegate properly.
image_zpsdbbilb4u.jpeg
Turbo has had some work done recently, we ran the 16g turbine housing but read up how good the big16g housing is which changed the a/r from .6 to .7, Steve the guru had one in a bucket under the bench from an Evo0. Back cut turbine wheel, flowed the cast dog leg off the back of turbo and had a 2.5"-3" reducer welded up so the exhaust flow has had a bit of work. It got me an extra 30kw on the last tune so I am pretty happy.
image_zps88hqz4su.jpeg

image_zpsadt9nbe8.jpeg

image_zpsltu59gl3.jpeg
Computer was next, was getting sick of all this power but limited to boost. No way. So Kent at Speedsource hooked up the EMS stinger, tuned now to 250kw at front wheels, 22psi. At the same time came a quality hks evc-s controller, autometer shift light module considering the tacho couldn't keep up, especially when the wheels break loose, limiter comes pretty quick.
image_zpsxx1xngdo.jpg

image_zpsykqlcdgx.jpeg
Now I'm getting a wee older I recently put in the set of 3 small evo Guages under the radio, and removed the silver series boost guage which used to also be on the dash. Looking much cleaner.
image_zpsegfs44ge.jpeg
Then suspension I picked up some GSR RS suspension which bolts right up, the rear was too short so we made some custom strut extensions bolted on top of strut which lifted the car now sitting real nice, handles wicked. This version 2whl drive gsr lancer has the electric damper switch beside the key hole, this does all still work but the upgrade by far... Awesome...
image_zps0zr1s7oh.jpeg
Well that's my ride... Some pretty wicked cars on this forum, great to see.

Dan

1 BAD C63A

1 BAD C63A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNZ
image_zpsrx2khlky.jpeg

ted

ted

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • LocationWodonga VIC
Very nice ride man!

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • LocationThe home of unemployed bogans - Hervey bay,

I'll second that!

It has a ziptie holding the shift light, that's over engineered IMO :P

Bit of a tool, and owner of "The Turdis" - Hervey Bay

1 BAD C63A

1 BAD C63A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNZ

I'll second that!

It has a ziptie holding the shift light, that's over engineered IMO :P

Gee's sharp alright...yeah I had the boost and oil pressure on the dash with the mini shift lite on the boost guage. Thought it goes better there so I took the bracket off and cable tied it, took the lid off my turbo timer, was going to screw it in but got a bit technical. Might mount it the underside of the speedo/tach plastic surround. The little things...

Thanks for the feedback.

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • LocationThe home of unemployed bogans - Hervey bay,

Zipties hold a fair bit of stuff on my car, as well as duct tape. If it falls off with duct tape then I crack out the ties, it can get technical LOL

Bit of a tool, and owner of "The Turdis" - Hervey Bay

SIVART

SIVART

CE9A-0000001

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,973 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

very Nice , I miss driving mine

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
I'll probably be selling mine soon Trav!
"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users