Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Evo 10 inner rear axle CV cups

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

doommachine

doommachine

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationAdelaide SA

So, for all interested in doing the evo 3 lsd conversion for 3 bolt VR4s (and if you have a 4 bolt with viscous), I have done a fair bit of detective work on this and I believe that these febest parts

http://www.ebay.com....6-/171863640353?

are correct for the application. I managed to luck out on ebay and scored a pair of evo 3 rear inner axle cups, and I will measure them and confirm with Febest if they are correct when they arrive. Keep your eye on this thread if you're interested.

Cheers all

doommachine

doommachine

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationAdelaide SA

Nope, unfortunately they differ. Which is a bugger! Different end spline count, and different length of the spline itself. Shame!

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA

A guy in the southwest over here wanted an LSD in to his VR4 and found that you put the evo 3 plate lsd in the evo/gsr cup fit

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

JayRome

JayRome

Blurring the line between 1st to 3rd Gen engines....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

I could machine a few more conversion cups for 3 bolt to LSD like I made for mine, but no free time...

Still testing how much torque they will take... 

IMAG2022.jpgIMAG1998.jpg

left: Stock 3 bolt cup, Right: New cup for LSD (still use stock 3 bolt shaft and outer CV)

IMAG2012.jpg

Edited by JayRome, 16 April 2016 - 07:50 AM.

Chosen Weapons:
WideBody Galant GSR 4g63 N/A+T Hybrid 1st/3rd gen +AWD
Audi A3 slow POS

Starion VR4 Derek

Starion VR4 Derek

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationBurrum Heads

I could machine a few more conversion cups for 3 bolt to LSD like I made for mine, but no free time...

Still testing how much torque they will take... 

IMAG2022.jpgIMAG1998.jpg

left: Stock 3 bolt cup, Right: New cup for LSD (still use stock 3 bolt shaft and outer CV)

IMAG2012.jpg

Could you elaborate on how you did it?  Are the cups a STD of the shelf? Did you have to recut the shaft splines?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users