Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

setting tps

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Widget

Widget

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationPerth
Wanting to set my tps.
I've tryed looking it up and keep ending up here.

http://www.plymouthlaser.com/tps.htm

So wanting to know what are the plug numbering for the vr4 plug as its differnt.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20160310_211358.jpg

Edited by Widget, 11 March 2016 - 05:27 AM.

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
That's an odd looking tps plug.

Widget

Widget

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationPerth

That's an odd looking tps plug.

From what I've read the vr4 has a differant plug as it has a seperate switch for throttle closed position. So has 4 wires not 3.
Im assuming i set it in the same way but dont use the extra wire for this switch? Just need to know witch wire is witch. Or if any one has another way of setting it?

Attached Thumbnails

• 1457664804046153156884.jpg
  • 1457664864321772142953.jpg

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Ah yes. I recall now. I believe the 4 plug version has the idle switch also as part of the tps whereas the vr4 had a separate one. To find your pinout. Get a multimeter. You will have 1x 5v 1x sensor gnd a variable tps signal and the idle switch I'm guessing.

Widget

Widget

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationPerth
Had a little bit of a look at it today and the green/red wire is the 5v wire. The throttle closed switch has no power when closed and 3.3v from when throttle starts to open.
Is the green/black the earth and the green/white the variable tps signal wire? Is it these two wires that I hook up to the multi meter and turn the tps till i get 0.9k ohms as described in the vfaq link?

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_2016-03-12-20-00-10.png

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
To find your sensor ground, pit an ohm metre on and Buzz it out to one of your coolant temp sensor wires. They all share the sensor ground wire. Which would leave the last one to be the tps signal.

You can Buzz this back to your ecu or you can measure the resistance on the tps plug side. As you move the throttle, the resistance should change between the 5v pin and the Sig pin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users