Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

4g63 bore diameter measurement bare vs Torque Plate

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

evopwr

evopwr

[DIY]

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Hey guys,

Just thought it would be an interesting fact to know, I was measuring bore diameters of my recently machined block with and without a torque plate installed (torque plate supplied by Baz, thank you very much mate).

The difference is around 0.01mm across all 4 cylinders in the North-South direction (as installed in the engine bay AWD application). No measureable difference in the East-West direction (as installed in the engine bay AWD application).

Note: bores are slightly oversize (85.5mm) and measurements taken on the top of the block.

Cheers
alex
---

4G63t, AWD, Widebody

Posted Image

---

doo doo

doo doo

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Yep you can get a fair bit of variation using torque plate between different blocks too- how long did you wait after bolting the torque plate down before measuring? 

didn't have time do do it right but found the time to do it twice....

caged

caged

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Locationsunshinecoast QLD
Iv measured up to 1.5tho bore distortion on l19 studs.
4g63 GSR.

evopwr

evopwr

[DIY]

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Caged, maybe greater torque values with L19 studs?
---

4G63t, AWD, Widebody

Posted Image

---

caged

caged

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Locationsunshinecoast QLD
Absolutely. That why i laugh when people torque l19s to 115lbs when the motor was machined with no torque plate.
4g63 GSR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users