Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Proton Jumbuck / Evo 1,2,3

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Eugen Scurtu

Eugen Scurtu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Hi there, 

I want to lower my Jumbuck 4G15, 2005, but I can't find adjustable shocks to fit. Any idea, sellers, reference of parts anything? Anyone knows if Evo 1,2,3 suspension parts fit to Jumbuck? 

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Gsr parts go on front fine. Sway bar is on the lca so doesnt need the evo3 swaybar links.
Rear is difficult. I would make a lowering plate and reset the stub axle higher so lowering the rear.
I think i put lowered gsr king springs in my front struts. Be aware you already have near 4" rake. Any more lowered at front will exacerbate this.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

Eugen Scurtu

Eugen Scurtu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Cheers, I found some adjustable for Evo 1,2,3 they should fit isn't it? 

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Will fit fronts.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.

Eugen Scurtu

Eugen Scurtu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationU.K.

I've bought the Evo 1,2,3 adjustable coilovers and replaced the front. It's a massive change. Before this, I have cut 1 ring of the genuine Jumbuck springs to lower it about 2 inch. It was a difference, but just too stiff. With the coilovers it feels like good driving. I also notice the steering more sensitive so I think a front strut bar will help a little.

For the rear I passed the leaf spring under the axle, cut and welded back, under the axle, the base of the leafspring and shocks. I  didn't find lowering plates for rear axle in UK.

Recently I tracked a 1.8, 4G93 DOHC gti, engine, from a Wira or Satira (not sure) and I would like to know what other parts from 4g93 do I need to get it in the Jumbuck? I mean, can I use the 4g15 transmisson, gearbox, exhaust etc.? I'm looking for a cheap engine upgrade rather than a ultra racing one (at the moment). Any tips, please?  

Eugen Scurtu

Eugen Scurtu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationU.K.

:unsure: That's F....G weird, man! I will upload some pics. of my Jumby to see it. I tried to track your notes '4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.' hoping to find some info or the 4g93 conversion and I see your pic., the white Jumbuck with black bonnet. I swear I downloaded it months ago and inspired when I painted mine!!! I still have it on my PC. :blink: . 

I will upload some pics of my ride, but still don't know where....

Eugen Scurtu

Eugen Scurtu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationU.K.

How can I upload pics. to the gallery?

from this: https://www.facebook...&type=3

to: https://www.facebook...&type=3

Edited by Eugen Scurtu, 07 January 2016 - 09:22 PM.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Looks good mate. Yours was same colour as mine.
mine is orange now. Kinda miss the plainer white and std front end, was a bit more low key
build is in members ride.
http://www.4gtuner.c...-20#entry322377

Edited by jack be nimble, 07 January 2016 - 11:27 PM.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Your gearbox will bolt to the 93 dohc.
Biggest issue will be the ecu. I see yours has a siemens ecu. Was the g93 the same and did you get the ecu?
Or if the g93 has a mitsi ecu, you need all the intake, engine loom, ecu. Its a better set up and worth changing to. There is nothing tunable with the siemens, the mitsi has options.
You need the guages from a g93 also or you have no tacho.

Live the life you love.

Eugen Scurtu

Eugen Scurtu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Do you know the size for the lowering plates? I mean the holes diameter and the distance between them? I would like to try them as it's easier to fit them and you can always take them off if you change your mind. I'm looking for 2-3'' lower at the most.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Just undo the stub on the rear axle and put the bottom stub holes in the top axle holes.
But make a plate the cover the 6 holes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users