Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My attempt at a sleeper.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Bryce

Bryce

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationFernvale, QLD

Hey all, been kicking around for a few years and never really introduced myself or my car. This is what I was working on, you probably all know it. dfa133bf2500d86ffaf517409d499165.jpg

Decided to scrap that plan and start on a more basic/subtle hatch. Bought a 03 Xls a few weeks ago and finially got a chance to do some work on it.

Stripped out all the interior in preparation for dry ice to remove sound deadening, clean up all the wiring and give the inside a coat of red to tidy it up a bit.7c612d53e6cc2c724878c93ea55b5337.jpg

Short term plans are to drop the motor and running gear from the coupe (6 bolt 63t with gsr box and eco running gear) into the Satria and get it working. There has been ongoing wiring problems with the coupe ever since I bought it. Exterior wise I will keep it as is with maybe a set of wider plain looking 15s or 16s. Whole reason i bought it was because of the paint being rooted, no-one (including the police hopefully) will look twice and i will get left alone, unlike getting hammered in the coupe.

0a89a55a968552d0658b4b1970b16dcc.jpg

Long term plans are to finially install the AWD which has been sitting in the shed for a year. Maybe a set of cams to unlock some more ponies and maybe even a more user friendly ECU. Currently it runs a microtech MT8 which is a bit out dated now.

Edited by Bryce, 13 November 2015 - 06:25 AM.

4G63t Satria. Should be good.... ish.

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • LocationThe home of unemployed bogans - Hervey bay,

Heya Bryce, long time no hear.

Good to see you have a nice little project going on, sleepers rock!

Bit of a tool, and owner of "The Turdis" - Hervey Bay

Bryce

Bryce

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationFernvale, QLD

Yeah mate, had to shits with it and just didnt think about it. Took a ride in a mates mirage and once again im hooked. Good now ive got a good paying job where i can put money into it every week.

Next time i get a few days off its dry ice and paint time.

Still working out wether i want to stay with the same fuel setup or go a simple intank Walbro (which ive got) and get a retune.

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
There's a proton round here or was that had the old 'creatd' GSR setup, was awesome! I reckon your onto a winner man, should get left alone,
almost like a Mitsubishi version gtx or gtr familia,

ted

ted

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • LocationWodonga VIC

That CREATD engine was brutal!!

Lister

Lister

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationHobart

I endorse this product.

Bryce

Bryce

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationFernvale, QLD

Finally got a chance to do something. 2L is in the satria and the coupe has been stripped ready to go to its new home.

Hopefully tomorrow or Friday ill get a chance to pull the standard satria engine loom out and put in the one out of the Lancer already wired up for this motor

• ted likes this

Bryce

Bryce

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationFernvale, QLD
37d4d846953a480a4c7922713ab63ca1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Bryce

Bryce

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationFernvale, QLD
Didnt really get as much done as intented. Stripped the last bits off the coupe i wanted and put it outside for the new owner to collect on Sunday.

Did get a chance to attack the 2L loom and work out what is what and find out why theres so many non comnected wires.

99b5bd4c12d56fcb59dc4824d7e77814.jpg

Has anyone seen a TB like this one? Whats it off? d97ca327bbabe927260329d29ba89171.jpg

ted

ted

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • LocationWodonga VIC
Im a mad proton fan...looking forward to seeing this done :)

Bryce

Bryce

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationFernvale, QLD

Made some more progress....

Standard fuel tank is out (helps if you drain it first), Evo tank complete with 255L walbro is ready to go in. Just need to wire up a bigger earth.

purchased an s90 70mm TB but turns out its to suit 7-8-9. so now i need a new TPS before i can put that on.

tidied up some wiring in the rear section, just tucked it all away and hid it.

So tomorrows plans are to pickup the thermostat housing which i had modified, pick up an un-butchered interior loom, hopefully get the fuel tank in and get the interior back together.

Bryce

Bryce

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationFernvale, QLD
Finially got around yo doing some things. Plans are to tuck the engine fusebox down underneath the panel. Made up a bracket for it to hide down there.
Mounted the power distribution block so i can run all the front wires since I've moved the battery to the boot.
Waiting on some splices then ill extend the wiring from the interior.

f816e6c97d763bfa88eb85f71edbfe4e.jpg491b4f28aeb31529bd99c2fbc218fea5.jpg

Finially got around to picking up the thermostat housing. Deleted the heater pipe and FIAV pipe. All holes threaded and plugged except for turbo water and ecu water temp. 3cf3846afd8d46118f8703f2205067dd.jpg
6f89d6252ca930a5850aeb3d1d95f395.jpg

Edited by Bryce, 21 July 2016 - 06:36 AM.

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
Aren't you concerned about water and that fuse box?
GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

Bryce

Bryce

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationFernvale, QLD
Never crossed my mind. Might make up some kind of splash guard. If it gets submerged I've got probaby bigger things to worry about.

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
Yeah a splash guard would be the way.
GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

Bryce

Bryce

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationFernvale, QLD

Fairly productive day today! Moving houses to not alot of time or money has been spare to throw around so progress has been slow.

Finially got around to pulling the NA manifold i bought of Baz out of its petrol/degreaser/truckwash bath and giving it a gernie. Came up a treat! FIAV/ISC block plate has been ordered and a plate to cover the EGR? hole.

COP has been wired up after i finially got around to making up a round holed plate for it.

Few more things to go before i can see if it actually cranks anymore!

0720a326f26a78f6fba92b92bf9d10c6.jpg931445e74301ef63e074dfec66d5a472.jpg

Edited by Bryce, 05 October 2016 - 12:28 PM.

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Next step, shave those ribs on the plenum section and Polish or paint! It'll look mint!

Bryce

Bryce

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationFernvale, QLD
Considering it Barry. Need to open it up to a 70mm TB anyway

SIVART

SIVART

CE9A-0000001