Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Semi slicks?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

htgsr

htgsr

HTGSR

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • LocationSurfers

Just curious to see what tyres guys are running on the track in the E 1-3? I'm running Kumho KU36's atm an like the feel of them but they are in need of replacement. A few of the Evos at the dirt track have all gone to Archillies 123's but I can't get any in my size for a few more weeks.

The ku 36's have gone up in price a fair bit since I bought my last set which is why I'm looking around.

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

FWIW I am usimg NITTO NT01 on my Starion and are an improvment on the previous RSR's but are a bit noisy at some speeds.

Miniman_alis

Miniman_alis

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
I'm running Hankook RS3 Z222 on my Civic and they are bloody brilliant, had 595 rsr previously and they were a bit rubbish.

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Yokohama A050s - best $$$ I've ever spent on the car.

For track work buy the best tyres you can afford.

"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

htgsr

htgsr

HTGSR

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • LocationSurfers

FWIW I am usimg NITTO NT01 on my Starion and are an improvment on the previous RSR's but are a bit noisy at some speeds.

I'm running Hankook RS3 Z222 on my Civic and they are bloody brilliant, had 595 rsr previously and they were a bit rubbish.

these are 2 of the tyres I have been looking at, I've heard the RSR's don't work so well on AWD cars saw a guy in a VR4 spin a couple of times on them at lakeside which put me off them, especially when I almost cleaned him up the second time, he said they didn't feel good when I spoke to him after

DOUGMO

DOUGMO

yoni lover

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,885 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

the only true semi slick mentioned in this thread so far in the a050

GENUINE CE9A evo2 gsr track car
all fabrication BJP AUTOMOTIVE
winton 1:27.4 /// sandown 1:21.5 /// phillip island 1:49.2 /// haunted hills 59.1
/// eastern creek 1:35.4 /// winton short 1:01.4

BRUSHED

BRUSHED

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGisborne
Bridgestone RE55

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

What do the experts claim to be the best 140 TW semi slick  as that is what I have to use in the TA  class  @ QR ??

htgsr

htgsr

HTGSR

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • LocationSurfers

I'm looking at the lower end of the "semi slick" range, I think since Jambo last year I have done maybe 2 dirt days an no circuit, if one of the fronts wasn't cambered so badly I wouldn't bother replacing them.

How do you find the nittos oldie? Do they give a little pre letting go? The Ku36's do an I like it cos you can generally catch it although I still find myself leaving the track backwards occasionally 

DOUGMO

DOUGMO

yoni lover

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,885 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

semi slick is 100 or below

in the 140 TW range hankook rs3 or advan ad08

bang for buck i would go the hankook everytime

GENUINE CE9A evo2 gsr track car
all fabrication BJP AUTOMOTIVE
winton 1:27.4 /// sandown 1:21.5 /// phillip island 1:49.2 /// haunted hills 59.1
/// eastern creek 1:35.4 /// winton short 1:01.4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users