Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Are you insured by YOUI?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

There has been a discussion on 4BC with Ray Hadley giving the YOUI  comunications manager heaps regarding a driver with 3rd property cover  who alledgedly was totalled by a Youi insured driver who hit more than 1 car when he lost conciousness due to IF I heard correctly?,a  apreviously unknown  medical problem and they denied the claim so you may want to check the fine print on your policy if you have one with them.

Edited by OLDIE, 30 August 2015 - 08:40 PM.

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

i don't have to worry my age combined with the kind of car i drive ensure youi is not interested in my business unless i pay them like 8k per year

yes it's me KHUBNER

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
That was like me! lol 4500 with 2500 excess....
now im self insured, lol

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
The daughter has 3rd party from youi. Better have a look...cheers
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

Dave_GSR1.8

Dave_GSR1.8

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

There has been a discussion on 4BC with Ray Hadley giving the YOUI  comunications manager heaps regarding a driver with 3rd property cover  who was totalled by a Youi insured driver who hit more than 1 car when he lost conciousness due to IF I heard correctly?,a  apreviously unknown  medical problem and they denied the claim so you may want to check the fine print on your policy if you have one with them.

If I get this correctly, the YOUI insured driver totalled someone else's car, who only had 3rd party property insurance, and therefore they could only claim against the YOUI insured driver, and YOUI is saying "not paying" because the YOUI insured driver did not disclose a medical condition at the time they took out their insurance policy with YOUI.

If so that sucks, but is totally legal, the problem for the victim is they either have to

- wear it and take the loss

- sue the technically uninsured driver to recover their funds. Good luck with that one!

If you are short of money and time (which presumably you would be if you only had 3rd party property) you won't sue.  I've had 3rd party property in the past, but only if the car is worthless (cutoff is around $500 - $1000) but if you're young, or a student, or just starting out, that is still not easy to absorb. Like I said, it sucks, but sadly the law is very expensive, I reckon I can't afford legal fees for anything other than the most minor of transactions.   

Shows the system has holes in it, I have no idea how this one would be plugged though.

Edited by Dave_GSR1.8, 29 August 2015 - 03:20 AM.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
They are all crooks.
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
Chill out guys. If you treat Ray Hadley as gospel I have a bridge for sale.
Stay where you are with insurance and if you have a drama please, please pm me. All personal insurance is under the same law.
No one here knows the back story to this, OK.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Yeah righto then....^ lol.
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Chill out guys. If you treat Ray Hadley as gospel I have a bridge for sale.
Stay where you are with insurance and if you have a drama please, please pm me. All personal insurance is under the same law.
No one here knows the back story to this, OK.

I listened to the discussion between the Youi rep and RH and what transpired is that a driver who had 3rd party property with another company was hit by an out of control car insured by Youi and driven by a a driver who alledgedly lost conciousness for some medical reason and crashed into the innocent partys car and Youi refused to repair /pay for damage to  the car that had 3rd party cover due to a fine print clause/loophole in the policy

I understand that the injured party is going to take the matter up with the insurance ombudsman so will be interested in the outcome.

Edited by OLDIE, 29 August 2015 - 09:44 PM.

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
Yeah, OK. I have promised myself to not post when drunk. My bad, went a bit hard without knowing all the info. Sorry guys.
I had a run in with an RH staff calling me about a claim gone "wrong" when I was an assessor, they had no idea of the actual events and attempted to make me look really dodgy. As a result I guess I am a bit jaded regarding sensationalism.
I would hope that the party that was unconscious isn't being declined by clause of "not being in control of vehicle" or did not disclose their medical condition, say epilepsy or hypoglycemia. Because both of these non disclosures will void insurances.
I really feel for the not at fault party with this one, it would suck.
They will still receive payment for damages through the criminal compensation from court, but it really should not have to go that far.

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
Both of those non disclosure clauses would hinge on the being a medical record showing diagnosis like if say i have undiagnosed epilepsy how could i disclose that?

yes it's me KHUBNER

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

W N we are cool :thumbsup:

Theree was another email/caller who claimesthat he had his clain refused due to an undiscloesd sterio upgrade :unsure: :thumbsdown:

What would have been your take on that in your assessor role??.

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
Personally i would as an assesor deny to cover just the radio just like my aorbrushing is excluded from any claim i make

yes it's me KHUBNER

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
I got nothing ^
oh, airbrushing. That wasnt a hard one.

Edited by eJackulator, 31 August 2015 - 10:55 PM.

4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

Dave_GSR1.8

Dave_GSR1.8

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Re "Theree was another email/caller who claimesthat he had his clain refused due to an undiscloesd sterio upgrade :unsure: :thumbsdown:

What would have been your take on that in your assessor role??."

Yes, tricky but one needs to know the full facts, if the caller had put a $2000 sound system in without telling the insurer then the insurer could claim loss of stereo not  covered because you didn't tell us, sounds bad but probably they can get away with it. 

If the stereo was a $100 special who cares... you would not stress since the excess would be more.

I think the key here is the callers "undisclosed stereo upgrade"; basically your hosed if you don't tell your insurer.

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

nrma for me seemed ok unlimited legal mods with no disclosure apparently required but their aggreed value was shit and they were rigid in that fact when i got a renewal with a value under 2k for the car i told em to shove it. (for an idea the value they said the car was they couldn't even buy the pistons and rods in my engine

yes it's me KHUBNER

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts

I got nothing ^

I know you do.

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie

W N we are cool :thumbsup:

Theree was another email/caller who claimesthat he had his clain refused due to an undiscloesd sterio upgrade :unsure: :thumbsdown:
What would have been your take on that in your assessor role??.

It would depend on what role the stereo would have played in the claim. Ie, it wouldn't matter what kind of stereo you had if you had been T boned at an intersection, however would play a significant part in the car being "ransacked" (dependant on the type of stereo of course).
Your product disclosure statement (booklet that is sent to you either hard or soft copy), states full disclosure required by the insured regarding any modifications to your car. Also, when you do the policy over the phone there is a speil (I am sure no one listens) that has a statement regarding "you must tell US of any (blah, blah, blah).
Of course a generic stereo head unit from SCA can be overlooked but a $5,000 is another matter altogether. I personally only ever recommended decline of a claim based on modifications based on the role of the modification (which had not been disclosed) in the event itself.

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie

Personally i would as an assesor deny to cover just the radio just like my aorbrushing is excluded from any claim i make

You would be one of very few who disclose airbrushing/murals/harlequin paint..... Good to see someone does.

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie

Both of those non disclosure clauses would hinge on the being a medical record showing diagnosis like if say i have undiagnosed epilepsy how could i disclose that?

With insurance law there is a safe guard for the insured, there is a simple statement in insurance law that when you take the legal talk out of it is simply put "you must advise us of anything that YOU ARE AWARE OF that may influence your being insured or the risk undertaken by the insurance company". If you have not been diagnosed or are unaware of a medical condition, the law will back you.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users