Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I broke my baby, but now all fixed :-D

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
  • LocationBrisbane - Southside
Indeed!

Tim
Dsmlink V3 + E85 :drool: 11.37 @ 131.46 ... still more in her

Remember Kids... Google does not equal research!

Magnus
How much time do you spend in a parking lot with your performance car? If you do a lot of parking lot driving, and hang out in parking lots, chances are you are a ricer, go home and read import tuner. If you’re complaining about noise you should not be modifying your car. You should also consider no longer being a man, please hand in your genitals at the door.

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Been doing an unfun job for the last few weeks. i noticed the underside had surface rust here there and everywhere, so I cleaned all of the crap off, wire brushed where necessary, then painted the whole lot in rust inhibitor followed by floor sealer.

couple of before and afters

IMG_1892.JPG

IMG_1921.JPG

IMG_1916.JPG

It's better than factory, seeing as %50 had a decent under floor coating and the rest was a thin coat of color. So not "correct" but definitely more durable.

Edited by LumpyVR4, 29 December 2015 - 10:54 AM.

ECM Link, 399 MAF, 560cc injectors, 270 cams, TD05-20G @22psi, 3" dump, full 3" mandrel exhaust, intercooler, Fidanza alloy flywheel, 4 bolt LSD, EVO IV brakes, Strut braces, coil overs and sway bars.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Its beautiful
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Getting to the point of putting the car back together is taking forever compared to stripping it. Today it was seven hours with a Britex trying to get a quarter century of dirt and sweat out of the interior. Not perfect, but a hell of a lot better than when I started. Still wouldn't mind new carpet, but haven't found any.

IMG_1946.JPG

ECM Link, 399 MAF, 560cc injectors, 270 cams, TD05-20G @22psi, 3" dump, full 3" mandrel exhaust, intercooler, Fidanza alloy flywheel, 4 bolt LSD, EVO IV brakes, Strut braces, coil overs and sway bars.

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationPomona, Sunshine Coast, QLD
Look pretty good to me. Have you tried Knox auto carpets?

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
High pressure hose and washing powder. Worked good on the lounge rug. Took 4 days to dry tho
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Lol ^
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

So the hood liner's in. The back seat is in, deadener, AC, blower, ECU, and after what seemed like a ton of wiring repair, the dash. Still have to fix the hacked of radio harness though.

IMG_1993.JPG

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Been slowed down bit by life recently, but after spending a day and a half fighting the rear roll mount, the engines in. :D

IMG_2067.JPG

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Had remote oil filter adapter housing dramas. Originally I had the lines pointing up which was fine, until I tried to mount the alternator. I then spent several hours fluffing around to get the adapter to seat with the lines pointing front.

IMG_2070.JPG

Random pic of new braided clutch line and nolathane mount.

IMG_2071.JPG

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

I have (most of) an interior! If I wasn't drenched in sweat, I'd probably be sitting in the car making bov noises. :biggrin:

IMG_2081.JPG

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

I should be ready to fire her up next weekend or the next at worst, just waiting on a bit of IC pipe and I have to do all of the fluids.

Not sure on the best approach to get oil back to the bearings after 7 months. should I pull the plugs and crank until I have pressure, or just try to fire it up?

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
I usually pull the plug off the ignitor so it doesn't spark, wind over till oil pressure light cuts off, plug back in and start,
Ya done well man, should be satisfying to hear her breath again!

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Start up has been postponed because I have gone off on a slight tangent. I decided to fit the jspec bumper I nabbed. I had to revisit my intercooler as the large one I was planning on fitting poked out the bottom. I got this before I got the bumper and wasn't worried because the original bumper was already cut. But the jspec has not been hacked, and I'm certainly not going to do it.

So I've switched back to the 500x200x100, knocked the dings out of it and straightened the brackets so it sits square. The jspec was a bit scratched up so I've done a temp paint job to tide me over until I get the rest of the car painted to match the shell and bonnet.

IMG_2107.JPG

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

I finally figured out where an how to mount the remote oil filter. Seems simple in hind sight. Mounted it up under the ABS unit.

IMG_2119.JPG

IMG_2115.JPG

blu3gsR

blu3gsR

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationGladstone
Yea I think that's where I'm gonna mount mine too. Good work!! It's looking mean bro

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Need to tweak the bumper brackets a bit, but it's getting there.

IMG_2136.JPG

Edited by LumpyVR4, 16 March 2016 - 08:02 AM.

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

I had to redo the IC mounts. It just fits.

IMG_2158.JPG

I'm so close. All I have to do is add oil and it's good to go. But I want to be fresh in case there's a problem, so it'll have to wait for next weekend.

IMG_2153.JPG

CLuTZ

CLuTZ

Diamonds are forever....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC

Looking good mate! Loving the Brabus style gold pipe coating

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
Was thinking the same. Brabus style s pretty cool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users