Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I broke my baby, but now all fixed :-D

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Ta Da

IMG_2231.JPG

Called down the rain gods as soon as I started washing. rego tomorrow. :)

ECM Link, 399 MAF, 560cc injectors, 270 cams, TD05-20G @22psi, 3" dump, full 3" mandrel exhaust, intercooler, Fidanza alloy flywheel, 4 bolt LSD, EVO IV brakes, Strut braces, coil overs and sway bars.

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
It's been one hell of a journey for you mate. Im really happy for you, thanks for sharing.

Starion VR4 Derek

Starion VR4 Derek

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationBurrum Heads

Congrats! Looks fantastic. You have achieved what many haven't . Now rego it & drive it like you stole it!!!

EV0300

EV0300

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Geelong

I do love a happy ending. lookin good.

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

I've found one last bug, I have an ABS fault. I'm pretty sure it's the front left sensor. It looks like it got the same treatment as the rest of the car that was touched by the previous owner's passion fingers when he pulled the original blown engine.

Questions. How do I get the diagnostics for the ABS computer to confirm my suspicions?

Assuming it is the front left sensor, how / where do I disconnect it? I can pull the sensor off my old shell.

ECM Link, 399 MAF, 560cc injectors, 270 cams, TD05-20G @22psi, 3" dump, full 3" mandrel exhaust, intercooler, Fidanza alloy flywheel, 4 bolt LSD, EVO IV brakes, Strut braces, coil overs and sway bars.

EV0300

EV0300

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

if its anything like the early evo its bolted into the knuckle/hub with a single 10mm bolt but its pretty tight so could take some persuading 

Starion VR4 Derek

Starion VR4 Derek

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationBurrum Heads

if its anything like the early evo its bolted into the knuckle/hub with a single 10mm bolt but its pretty tight so could take some persuading 

Not on a VR4.. They are 12mm head, there are 3 bolts, one holds the sensor & the other 2 adjust the bracket it's mounted to. Easy job, just make sure you remove the disc & check the clearance on the sensing ring to the sensor.

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

I do love a happy ending. lookin good.

... and he don't mean at the massage parlour :w00t:

AWD. 2 Litre. GTX3076R 0.82.
330kw atw @ 28psi 98 pump fuel.

372kw atw @ 28psi E85 Flexfuel.
EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Turned out to be the right front sensor. After some online digging I found out how to read the ABS error codes.

Now one last thing. My left front CV was starting to go before my other car was killed. I had totally forgotten about it. Installed in the new car you can hear it going straight. So I have to swap that out and I'm done.

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Apparently if it's not one thing.....

I swapped out my noisy CV and went to change my leaky radiator.

There's an issue with the new one

IMG_2244.JPG

the fan mounts are wrong. Meek has the same Galant 2ltr auto radiator as my old one, which I never had cooling issues with, so I'm just going to grab one of those again.

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Just mount what you can (looks like your might get 2 mounts bolted on) and fabricate 2x alloy brackets to come off the existing holes that are off. Should still look tidy and the strength should be there. You will only need a drill, hand saw, vice and file.

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Cranky and over it right now. I ran out of money last pay and had to wait to do rego. Just went in for blue slip and they would not give me one because the car has a front mount and coil overs. Apparently I need an engineers certificate for that. :fuuuuu:

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
If it comes factory with a front mount u should be ok without an engineer's certification. As for coilovers bang some stock shit in there. Might be able source something from magna or similiar.
GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Apparently even though it was factory front mount, because it isn't the factory front mount it needs to be certified. I have stock suspension in the shed. I guess I'll change back to that and go some place else.

On the plus side, because I figured the car would be on the road, when I saw PLX was having a %50 off sale I went a little nuts, and the mail man has just been. :smile:

IMG_2720.JPG

EV0300

EV0300

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
Touchscreen wideband so fancy

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Finally got rego sorted a couple of week ago. Now that I've been driving a bit I've shaken out a few bugs.

My new o2 sensor was faulty from new and tricking the engine into running 17-1 in closed loop. Got another one all good.

After 300km one of my front wheel bearings decided its time had come. Just sorted that.

The prom/map I have that was supposed to be for 560 injectors can't be. In open loop on boost the AFR does not get below 12, so I'm taking it easy for now.

I snapped up an EVO 399 MAF for $50. In another week I'm off to the states for work, so while I'm there I'm picking up ECM Link to sort out my tuning issues.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users