Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I broke my baby, but now all fixed :-D

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney
One of the upsides is I got a new Kinugawa TD05-20G with the donor chassis. To this I fitted my ported turbine housing then had it ceramic coated along with my ported GTPumps manifold. Should go better than it did with the stock one (manifold) fitted. 😁

image.jpg

Edited by LumpyVR4, 11 August 2015 - 07:55 AM.

ECM Link, 399 MAF, 560cc injectors, 270 cams, TD05-20G @22psi, 3" dump, full 3" mandrel exhaust, intercooler, Fidanza alloy flywheel, 4 bolt LSD, EVO IV brakes, Strut braces, coil overs and sway bars.

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Clutch and flywheel ready to go in.

IMG_1703.JPG

Don't need them for a while. I've  just  rolled  the new Galant into the garage. Step one is to drop the K frames and fit my ones with the 4 bolt, upgraded brake and sway bars etc.

ECM Link, 399 MAF, 560cc injectors, 270 cams, TD05-20G @22psi, 3" dump, full 3" mandrel exhaust, intercooler, Fidanza alloy flywheel, 4 bolt LSD, EVO IV brakes, Strut braces, coil overs and sway bars.

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Been doing a little washing today.....

IMG_1707.JPG

and dent removal, and sanding, and painting.

Dave_GSR1.8

Dave_GSR1.8

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Thats my kind of clothes line!

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

OK so this has pretty much crossed over into project territory because I keep doing things 'while I'm there' , but I might actually be putting the car together again next month.

Latest bits, now I have the complete set of bracing.

IMG_1773.JPG

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Boost withdrawal yet??
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

MDK87

MDK87

Hyundai's can't fly!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

What other braces do you have? Just the front and rear strut braces?
Let us know what you think of those fender ones.

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
I get what ya mean by 'doing it while ya there' or 'while its apart' - thinks its called "getting old" lol
Keep at it man cos it'll be worth it when ya get reacquainted with the boost

MDK87

MDK87

Hyundai's can't fly!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

I get what ya mean by 'doing it while ya there' or 'while its apart' - thinks its called "getting old" lol
Keep at it man cos it'll be worth it when ya get reacquainted with the boost

All mine needed was new brake pads in January. It has since been put up on stands and pulled apart, now waiting on new manifold/turbo/dump, bigger brakes, some of these brace things, suspension, LSD, various bushes, 4WS delete, intercooler etc etc.. So I bought another VR4 to get around in. Lol

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

What other braces do you have? Just the front and rear strut braces?
Let us know what you think of those fender ones.

Yep, front and rear braces. They compliment the coil overs and sway bars. I think the strut braces will make a difference because, on my old car at least, you could see the nose droop when you let the car onto stands at the front jack points under the firewall.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Absolutely^ they droop a fair bit.
Where the front mount on the fender brace sits, the body is pretty flimsy. Maybe could do with a bit of reinforcing.
have a look anyway- its like a single 0.8mm sheet.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

I thought so too. I'm going to put 50 x 3mm steel plates on the inside to sandwich the chassis.

Edited by LumpyVR4, 11 October 2015 - 04:43 AM.

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Dummy up of new cooler :)

IMG_1782.JPG

It has 1.5L more volume than the old one and more importantly 50% more surface area.

Edited by LumpyVR4, 15 October 2015 - 08:57 AM.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
You so big
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
And so handsome....
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Looks good!

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Shouldn't be spending more money but this came up locally so I grabbed it, rather than the cut up Aus spec I have.

$_20.JPG

Came with fog lamps.

Edited by LumpyVR4, 24 October 2015 - 01:16 AM.

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
I'm just really happy that there is a rainbow at the end for you bro. Well done mate! Charge ahead!!!!

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • LocationThe home of unemployed bogans - Hervey bay,

Nice grab! Post up some pics when it's all back together

Bit of a tool, and owner of "The Turdis" - Hervey Bay

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

I was replacing loose exhaust studs last week and one hole was stuffed. :( Just did my first ever recoil on the head, which I was pretty nervous about screwing up, to remake the thread and it worked a treat. Yay me! :D

update - I was just pulling the fuel rail to put my new injectors in and one of the bolts sheared off in the head. :fuuuuu:

update update - After a little bolt buster and a lot of patients I've managed to unscrew the broken segment. :)

Edited by LumpyVR4, 01 November 2015 - 04:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users