Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I broke my baby, but now all fixed :-D

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Yes, because of its age.

ECM Link, 399 MAF, 560cc injectors, 270 cams, TD05-20G @22psi, 3" dump, full 3" mandrel exhaust, intercooler, Fidanza alloy flywheel, 4 bolt LSD, EVO IV brakes, Strut braces, coil overs and sway bars.

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
I used to be an insurance assessor, back when I was an A hole. These things can be a nightmare!!!
You can elect to fic your car yourself and keep them out of it, however they will likely want to look at it prior to re-insuring every claim goes into a DOS database that is accessed whenever a new policy is being set. So make sure the car is perfect before being looked at after repair. Best of luck buddy, PM me if you feel like you need help. Cheers

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Just got the word that my car has been written off. It was valued at 6K by the insurer and they are charging me 2K to buy it back. So one written off VR4 and 4K to do help make my frankensteins VR4.

ECM Link, 399 MAF, 560cc injectors, 270 cams, TD05-20G @22psi, 3" dump, full 3" mandrel exhaust, intercooler, Fidanza alloy flywheel, 4 bolt LSD, EVO IV brakes, Strut braces, coil overs and sway bars.

MDK87

MDK87

Hyundai's can't fly!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Written off.. Damn I was not expecting that. Isn't it a rather difficult process repairing write-offs down there?

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
Not a bad result in the end mate. I thought they may have wanted to give you less, you have done well buddy.

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Written off.. Damn I was not expecting that. Isn't it a rather difficult process repairing write-offs down there?

That's not a problem. I've bought another VR4 with a blown motor, and I'm making one with the best bits of the two.

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Silver lining! :thumbsup:

"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

Not a bad result at all. You can surely repair it for less and be left with spending money for hookers... I mean, mods.

AWD. 2 Litre. GTX3076R 0.82.
330kw atw @ 28psi 98 pump fuel.

372kw atw @ 28psi E85 Flexfuel.
EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Got the car back. Aparrently just before it was thoroughly arse raped and ripped appart by the brilliant minds at the salvage yard. Once they were told it had to be loaded onto a flat bed they were just about to pick it up with forks, before the flat bed driver who knew what it was and that it was going back to its owner stopped them.

It should have been drivable, but some genious left the ignition on and the drivers window down the whole time it was in the yard. The towie was nice enough to deposit it on my driveway for me. Not sure if the battery is going to recover yet.

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Oh no not the battery... haha j/k man, I know what its like and when ya already spent so much, but at least the towie had some clue, I had a useless "national towing" driver split e3 my plastic splitter from pulling it up with the cable, thus why Id rather a dodgy hire trailer, lol

and now you can peel back the damage and see how bad it really is, and from the other pics, I dont think its that bad

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
I flat towed the ute from the panel shop in reverse. Glad its not far.
Cause i couldnt get to the tow point.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

lol when i have to tow mine the front bar comes off!

yes it's me KHUBNER

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Update: on the weekend I took a drive to VIC and collected the Galant I am transferring my drive train and whatever other bits I decide to use into. I've decided the easiest way to do it is to drop the front and rear frames off the old shell and transfer the whole lot over seeing as my old car has suspension upgrades, 4 bolt rear etc.

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
Does this galant have a block or motor.....?
GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place

Does this galant have a block or motor.....?

i dont think it did from memory
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Did come with one, but it's knackered. Already been bored 60 thou over apparently.

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Had a fairly productive weekend. All that's left of the interior is the heater box /AC and the steering column, and the rear end is out. Gotta drop the fuel tank and the front end, and it'll be time to move out the old shell and push the new one in.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Sounds like you are having as much fun as me with my new project....
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

This is my daily, so I can't be too slack. I had to push myself to get that done because I was still a bit stuffed from all the driving last weekend. I guess the upside of the fact that I need it on the raod means I won't let it sit forever.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
My project is / was my daily too....so I know where your coming from...Im stuck driving my Evo everyday which sucks.... being on E85 makes it worse as its not readily available where I live..
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users