Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How to program your EVO 3 remote entry setup.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

GSR 95T

GSR 95T

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationSydney
Here's a "How to" on programming your remote entry setup on your EVO 3. (I think this is the same for an EVO 2 as well)

I decided to put this up as I couldn't find any info on the net on how to do this.... As it turns out it's very easy !!

Here's a pic of the parts needed, It includes the module itself, a key fob and the aerial. You also need to have an EVO 3 or at least be using a full EVO 3 wiring harness in your car to be able to plug it in...
5A904E18-A57D-4131-9B89-519EB3EE370F_zps

The remote entry module is located on the drivers side of the car in the boot area... Heres a pic.. ( as you can see mines not mounted correctly, still testing etc...)
52F05146-9D13-4A41-B281-BF0DCA91FFF2_zps

Now on to programming your key fob to the module..

Step 1, Make sure the module is pluged in and also the aerial...
Step 2, if your module is already installed unbolt it as it's easier to do this if its not mounded up..
Step 3, make sure you have a new battery in your FOB ( CR2032 is the type of button battery needed )
Step 4, on the module itself there is a switch on the side and above it it says "SET 1", "FIX", "SET 2"..
Pic of the switch and writing
5F3F2675-CFCA-4290-B6AB-B2EADFC61D0D_zps
E79A9B8F-1B44-438C-AC2D-6CB8063B5287_zps
You need to switch the switch from "FIX" to "SET 1"
Step 5, once that's done press the "unlock" button on the key FOB.
Step 6, once that's done switch the switch from "SET 1" to "FIX"
Step 7, wait a few seconds then press your "unlock" button on your FOB and the doors should unlock then press "lock" and the doors should lock...

That's it...

If you have two FOBs and you want the second one to work, follow Steps 3 to 7 but this time switch the switch to "SET 2" instead of "SET 1"

On a side note...

If the red LED doesn't light up on your FOB It may just be that the insides are dirty... My FOB didn't work when I got it. There was no red light when the buttons were pressed. So I stripped the FOB down, cleaned the board with electronics cleaner, I also cleaned the inside of the rubber buttons with the cleaner.. Put it all back together and all worked well.

I also wondered why the interior light wiring runs to the back of the car in an EVO 2/3 !!
It runs to the connector that plugs into the remote entry module... The reason for this is the remote entry pulses the interior light on unlock / lock like how most cars pulse the blinkers..... It does a long pulse for unlock and two short pulses for lock..

Here's a quick vid...
http://i23.photobuck...zps2tgznnd7.mp4

Anyways, Hope that helps someone out...

Edited by GSR 95T, 28 May 2015 - 04:52 PM.

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • LocationThe home of unemployed bogans - Hervey bay,

That is a great write up :thumbsup:

Bit of a tool, and owner of "The Turdis" - Hervey Bay

runuts

runuts

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Awesome!!!

Anyone know where to get replacement FOB's?

Posted Image

EV0300

EV0300

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Geelong
Gr3at thanks mate. Ill check and make sure i have that antenna first that might be the problem.

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationPomona, Sunshine Coast, QLD

Awesome!!!

Anyone know where to get replacement FOB's?

Mitsubishi? Maybe a Magna or Pajero or something might work?

GSR 95T

GSR 95T

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationSydney
Cheers guys...

The OEM PART NUMBER for the FOB Is MB942997. amayama Says $144aus

The OEM PART NUMBER for the Antenna is MR141205. amayama Says $63aus

I have seen a few second hand FOBs on eBay over time...

From what I've seen. Mitsubishi Eclipse and 3000gt are the same FOB. Some are 2 button which is what we need and some are 3.
The weird thing is mine is a two button but when you open it up it has the contacts for the third button on the PCB. !?!?!

✌️

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

third button would be for the boot

yes it's me KHUBNER

GSR 95T

GSR 95T

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationSydney
Yep sure is. But as early EVOs have mechanical boot release not electronic. They only have the two button remote.

blackvr

blackvr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationAdelaide

Good informative write up... nice one !

GSR 95T

GSR 95T

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationSydney
Cheers man..

EV0300

EV0300

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

I finally found my fob and got around to putting a new battery in it haha, it only seems to work when im really close to the boot so i have to suss whether the antenna is connected. but i also found every door locks/unlocks apart from the drivers door so im assuming its a dead actuator? will an actuator from any CC work any other models that share actuators?

GSR 95T

GSR 95T

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationSydney
Well, I know for a fact that GSR actuators work perfectly with an EVO wiring harness... Straight plug and play...
So I would assume an actuator from any CC with factory central locking would work. But 100%, GSR ones are the same.

Glad you found your fob.

And yeah I would say check your antenna but also pull you fob back apart, REMOVE THE BATTERY and give the PCB a good clean with some circuit cleaner / electrical contact cleaner (super cheap sell it if you don't have any) and give it a light scrub with a soft tooth brush, then Soak it again with the clearer, shake off the excess and let it air dry for a while before putting the battery back in etc.

Worked wonders for me. I can lock and unlock it from about 8-9 meters away from my car, from any angle.

EV0300

EV0300

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

thanks for that mate ill look into it  :thumbsup:

GSR 95T

GSR 95T

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationSydney
Let us know how you go. 😊

EV0300

EV0300

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

well i pulled the receiver out and there is no antenna so that would most likely explain the shite range so ill track down an antenna and then look into the drivers side actuator.

GSR 95T

GSR 95T

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationSydney
Lol yeah that will explain it.

Trade me will probably be you best bet for the antenna. As no one brings the rear cuts in here so there very hard to find...

I got my complete setup from over there. I just looked for people wrecking EVO 3's out and kept asking them all till I found one...

EV0300

EV0300

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
Is it evo 3 only would they be in any cc lancers? Also wonder if something cross platform with a similar connection would work seems its only an antenna. Amayama wants 80aud and thats without post :/

GSR 95T

GSR 95T

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationSydney
Yeah, I checked on amayama I while ago... I didn't pay much more then that for the entire setup...

MAYBE an evo 2 has the same setup but not sure. Evo 1's and all other CC's don't have it !!...

The know there is an older perjero has the exact same remote (FOB) so MAYBE it uses the same antenna ect. But not sure....

In the mean time.. Try cutting an antenna wire and plug from a older car.. As I'm fairly sure the plug is the same as a car radio antenna (look at my pix above). So just cut the plug that plugs into the back of the head unit with about a foot or two of the wire still attached and give that a go... It may not be perfect but it may give you a bit more range while you locate a genuine one... Just a thought......

Edited by GSR 95T, 20 June 2016 - 09:23 AM.

EV0300

EV0300

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Yeah had a similar idea, went to Jaycar and bought an antenna with that plug for $18 it works a treat i can unlock and lock the car from about 5-7mts behind the garage door havent tested it out in the open yet but im assuming itll be aibt further when there is no wall in the way. I was only hoping for 3-5mts so this wil do me fine.

Now i just have to suss this actuator out ive got the trim off just got to pull it out and test it.

GSR 95T

GSR 95T

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationSydney
Awesome man....

If you need an actuator let us know, I'm sure I have a full set here I don't mind parting out....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users