Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

No clutch

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

baza

baza

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationSydney
People
I have an issue with a new clutch that i put in over the weekend. I put a new clutch kit in the car I checked the pivot ball for wear bolted everything back into place and now I only have about half a clutch pedal and can't get any gears.
Ideas pls

MDK87

MDK87

Hyundai's can't fly!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Try this mate - 

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • LocationThe home of unemployed bogans - Hervey bay,

Do you have a pic of clutch fork position? It has to sit right in the middle. It doesn't have to be out by much to cause issues.

Bit of a tool, and owner of "The Turdis" - Hervey Bay

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
Obvious one is flush and bleed fluid. Then adjust pedal, i had to do this to mine after modding clutch pedal and new clutch fork when new box went in. Is high or low on the floor?
GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

baza

baza

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationSydney
The clutch fork is leaning slightly more towards the gearbox rather then leaning to engine.
When you depress the pedal I have about 2 1/2 inches of nothing before you feel any clutch pedal pressure and then you have about 2 inches of pedal

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
Adjust the pedal out and see if it helps. Just pull the split pin, crack the 12mm on adjuster, pop big pin, and wind out 4 full turns and see how u go, repeat in or out as required.
GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

baza

baza

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationSydney
I checked the clutch rod to the pedal and if anything the rod is over adjusted to the point that if you could not adjust it anymore otherwise the rod would fall out of the pedal

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
Wind in then

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
I had to go in 4 half turns when i changed box cos i replaced fork and ball. U must be dragging the clutch. Makes sense with new clutch and adjustment u mentioned

3VOLUTIONIST

3VOLUTIONIST

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationPerth, Balcatta

Mine did this when I changed the clutch. Tried extending the rod on the master cylinder, but that just caused the clutch plate springs to contact the pressure plate fingers. Bleeding didn't help either. Had to take the gearbox back out and shim it with a 2.5mm washer. Now the clutch doesnt do anything til about half way down, and the pressure point is basically on the floor, "solved" the problem though, and doesnt slip.

baza

baza

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationSydney
What did you actually shim

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
The pivot ball you want the fork at rest in the middle or slighlty towards the block.

Trust me i had a pivot ball out of alignment fork contacted the back of the box window and started using that as the pivot point felt like i had the worlds heavist clutch

yes it's me KHUBNER

baza

baza

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationSydney
So you say a 2.5 mm washer will do the trick

3VOLUTIONIST

3VOLUTIONIST

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Well it might vary between cars, I was just lucky that 2.5mm gave it enough throw to disengage the clutch.

baza

baza

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationSydney
Guys
Thanks for the advice much appreciated used a 2mm washer and happy days back on the road

3VOLUTIONIST

3VOLUTIONIST

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Guys
Thanks for the advice much appreciated used a 2mm washer and happy days back on the road

Check for clutch drag, put it in first gear, handbrake off (make sure there's nothing infront of you) and Rev it up to seven grand, if the car jumps forwards then your clutch isn't fully disengaging.
Clutch drag kills synchros

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users