Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

E39a vr4 Looms 87-92

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

4G63EVO0

4G63EVO0

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

hey guys just want to know theres 2 diffenert looms in the 87-89 and 90 to 92 prefacelift and facelift is that right and you can only use facelift ecu single boards in a prefacelift 87-89 if you do engine loom swap due to the pin out's are different ? 

CLuTZ

CLuTZ

Diamonds are forever....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC

You can bolt in a single board ECU to your prefacelift loom man. Swapping looms over would be a headache, plus the plugs on your coil pack and cam angle sensor will end up being be different. 

To fit a single board ECU, you will need to swap pin 6 and pin 14 around. Don't forget to earth the ECU properly with the bolt when it comes to re-fitting it. Here's a link to the pinouts below:

http://www.vfaq.com/...harness-1G.html

While the ECU is out I would strongly suggest replacing the capacitors. Any TV repair shop should be able to do it. Hopefully it's already been done whilst the board was socketed for your new chip.

Another thing to inspect is your knock sensor. It's under the intake manifold on the back of the block. Pull it out and if the adhesive has leaked, it's time for a new one. I have seen phantom knock retard so much timing it equated to 25kw atw power loss!

Goodluck!

4G63EVO0

4G63EVO0

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

cheers mate i will only need to change the pins then my ecu is new 

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
25kw atw! Thats crazy!
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

4G63EVO0

4G63EVO0

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

You can bolt in a single board ECU to your prefacelift loom man. Swapping looms over would be a headache, plus the plugs on your coil pack and cam angle sensor will end up being be different. 

To fit a single board ECU, you will need to swap pin 6 and pin 14 around. Don't forget to earth the ECU properly with the bolt when it comes to re-fitting it. Here's a link to the pinouts below:

http://www.vfaq.com/...harness-1G.html

While the ECU is out I would strongly suggest replacing the capacitors. Any TV repair shop should be able to do it. Hopefully it's already been done whilst the board was socketed for your new chip.

Another thing to inspect is your knock sensor. It's under the intake manifold on the back of the block. Pull it out and if the adhesive has leaked, it's time for a new one. I have seen phantom knock retard so much timing it equated to 25kw atw power loss!

Goodluck!

does it mater wat colour the wires are as long as you swap pin 6 with pin 14 cuz my wire colours are different

4G63EVO0

4G63EVO0

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

im going to put in my 88 vr4 

CLuTZ

CLuTZ

Diamonds are forever....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC

25kw atw! Thats crazy!

It was pulling big smiles after that was sorted. We tried everything before we data logged. Big mistake!!

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place

does it mater wat colour the wires are as long as you swap pin 6 with pin 14 cuz my wire colours are different

Might pay to check the colours at the idle switch and the afm. To ensure they correspond.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW

It was pulling big smiles after that was sorted. We tried everything before we data logged. Big mistake!!

I'll bet it was!
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users