Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

EVO1-3 fuel tank

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

EVO193

EVO193

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationNewcastle NSW
Looks good. Where did you pick up the pump holders or did you knock them up? Where did you pick up the bulk head wire connectors. They look good

ted

ted

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • LocationWodonga VIC
Oohh i like that!! Very nice man!

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Looks good. Where did you pick up the pump holders or did you knock them up? Where did you pick up the bulk head wire connectors. They look good

Cheers mate.  I got the tops of the holders water-jet cut by a place down the road from work, I took them one of the original cradle tops and they copied it into their CAD program and then cut the discs and even put the perimeter holes in them for me!  Saved me hours and hours of fu**king around at home and I got a professional outcome which I would have never have achieved on my own.

I then took the discs to a fabricator mate on the other side of town with my spare fuel tank and the pumps and he made up the holders.  They are real works of art!

The bulkhead wire connectors I got from EFI Hardware, they are stainless studs and come with E85 compatible seals.  The wiring harness got made up by an auto wiring guy here in Melbourne who did the motorsport loom in the car.

"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Needed to get an additional power module wired into the car to support the extra fuel pumps I now have.  Was a little pricier than going with relays and fuses but this is a much simpler, reliable and upgradeable option to take.

I can monitor and control the power output to the pumps and log any errors or abnormalities that might happen.

Attached Thumbnails

• Additional power module.jpg

"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Some better shots of the cradle setup.  They really are too nice to hide away in the fuel tank!

Attached Thumbnails

• cradle1.jpg
  • cradle2.jpg

evopwr

evopwr

[DIY]

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Damn thats sexy!

---

4G63t, AWD, Widebody

Posted Image

---

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
They work too! Fired the car up and got fuel into the surge tank, so i must have done something right.

myevo1

myevo1

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Nice!

EVO193

EVO193

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationNewcastle NSW

Hey Shanye,

What COP kist are you running and what coils does it use? Nice install

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

I'm using the M&W COP kit from GT Pumps with the Autronic 500R CDI unit.

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

New fuel system proved itself out on the track.  Was able to run two sessions without having to fill up the tank in between runs and got no hesitation or missing under load after heavy cornering.

Attached Thumbnails

• surge tank.jpg

• ted likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users