Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

hsgr auto. strong?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • LocationThe home of unemployed bogans - Hervey bay,

By the look at your ETs Tim I could only imagine how it torque steers! 

There are some wireless options for the shift box setup as well, no wires wrapping around the steering column = good

Bit of a tool, and owner of "The Turdis" - Hervey Bay

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
  • LocationBrisbane - Southside
Ohhh, haven't seen the wireless options yet!
I've got myself an evo Gta wheel with the shift buttons but I need to make it fit the vr4 👍

Tim
Dsmlink V3 + E85 :drool: 11.37 @ 131.46 ... still more in her

Remember Kids... Google does not equal research!

Magnus
How much time do you spend in a parking lot with your performance car? If you do a lot of parking lot driving, and hang out in parking lots, chances are you are a ricer, go home and read import tuner. If you’re complaining about noise you should not be modifying your car. You should also consider no longer being a man, please hand in your genitals at the door.

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Aldo has a key fob remote on his wheel, also I think he mounted a late evo s/wheel on his RVR, might be a similar process with the VR4.

I can recall him explaining the process but I was lagged after driving from Hervey Bay to Sydney in one hit lol :wacko:

Edited by Benzo4gT, 27 February 2015 - 09:08 PM.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
I think the keyfob are cruise control. He has 2, for 2 different speed presets.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

barcode

barcode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Locationbrisbane

im just going to leave this here

http://www.hotrod.co...e-shifters-kit/

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts

Too expensive and complex for something so easy to achieve with a shift box and perhaps Evo7 GTA wheel.

Tim

Magnus
How much time do you spend in a parking lot with your performance car? If you do a lot of parking lot driving, and hang out in parking lots, chances are you are a ricer, go home and read import tuner. If you’re complaining about noise you should not be modifying your car. You should also consider no longer being a man, please hand in your genitals at the door.

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

↑ What he said ↑ I have paddle shift in my daily and it's fun to play with, but that looks like sooo much work to retrofit.

On the steaming pile of R I am using a telescopic (curly) CB style cord/wire that has 6 wires inside with some identical small buttons like s'box plus, 2 red and one black (from jaycar)  so I can run upshift, downshift and scramble from an

aftermarket steering wheel (1994 so no airbag) It might be a bit different having tele wire extend when I turn, but it's easy and relatively cheap. I have shiftbox lite, they were out of stock of the plus, I should have gone with the plus though but meh :unsure:  

MrConsistent

MrConsistent

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationCanberra

Running Shiftbox (or TCU) with paddles from the outlander(same as evo/ralliart option) 

20150321_160802.jpg 20150321_160818.jpg

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
I like that!

Tim

Magnus

MikeyMike

MikeyMike

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationHobart

Running Shiftbox (or TCU) with paddles from the outlander(same as evo/ralliart option) 

attachicon.gif20150321_160802.jpgattachicon.gif20150321_160818.jpg

Your RVR looks fully hektik, got a link to a build thread?

MrConsistent

MrConsistent

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationCanberra
No build thread....should look into that☺
a few scatered pics floating around the 4g forum.....
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

MDK87

MDK87

Hyundai's can't fly!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

No build thread....should look into that☺
a few scatered pics floating around the 4g forum.....

I like the instrument cluster mate!

MrConsistent

MrConsistent

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationCanberra

I like the instrument cluster mate!

http://www.speedhut.com/

Very happy with them, and just grind out the standard cluster(had a spare) removed the clear section and got a plastics shop to cut the face plate, sikaflexed it all together  :cool:

most of their gauges come with senders and everything you need the only thing i had to source was a speed pulse gen from a FTO which was a easy wiring job to hook up for the speedo,

get to pick your own logos or pictures to put on the gauge face too  :thumbsup:

MDK87

MDK87

Hyundai's can't fly!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Wow. So many possibilities..

I like your install mate. 
What did you do with the idiot lights and indicators etc.?

MrConsistent

MrConsistent

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationCanberra

Still working on a solution for that A mate and myself are playing with a 2 line LCD display and logic programming using the 12v feed to the old lights to make it display the info... still getting the code to work have got to the point where can get several things on the display and working like TPS % DOOR "E" brake and so on but struggling to get the P,N,R,D,2,L to switch :fuuuuu: ..... will look great and i think it will fit in the right hand side section of buttons (moving the one button that is there to the other side)  :mellow:

And the indicators and high beam are built into the speedo :)

Edited by MrConsistent, 24 May 2015 - 08:49 AM.

MikeyMike

MikeyMike

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationHobart

There is a cooler in the drivers side air dam on the front bar of my HSG, I assume with is for the gearbox oil

Any idea if these are any good?

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Its not engine oil cooler like the e 1-3 have? Follow the lines and see if they go back to oil filter housing?
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

MrConsistent

MrConsistent

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationCanberra

Nah the RVRs have a trans cooler on drivers side the oil cooler is a water line feed around the base of the oil filter......

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Gotcha......thanks for clearing that up.
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney
You're missing my TCU dual chip ;)
Lancer Evolution 7 GSR '01

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users