Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

hsgr auto. strong?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

warbo

warbo

4g63 breaker

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationDarwin
Just wondering if there are any issues with the auto transmission in a hsgr. Max awkw that can be run through these without internal mods? Cheers.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Stateside guys run them into 10s std in good nick, (with the blue wire mod), but you will need to rebuild them every so often.
Obviously a built auto will last much longer.
transfer case may last a season of low 10s
  • ted likes this
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
  • LocationBrisbane - Southside
They will take plenty of power once set up correctly 👍

Tim
Dsmlink V3 + E85 :drool: 11.37 @ 131.46 ... still more in her

Remember Kids... Google does not equal research!

Magnus
How much time do you spend in a parking lot with your performance car? If you do a lot of parking lot driving, and hang out in parking lots, chances are you are a ricer, go home and read import tuner. If you’re complaining about noise you should not be modifying your car. You should also consider no longer being a man, please hand in your genitals at the door.

warbo

warbo

4g63 breaker

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationDarwin
Ok, so a standard auto in good condition should be able to handle around 200 kw easily? I'm getting old and lazy and sick of changing gears, that's all. Oh and the missus would rather drive an auto.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Yep. Id say so.
Good trans cooler to keep it cooler longer.
blue wire might be a bit harsh for the mrs, but you could switch it...
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Jack...you mention blue wire twice...Why not explain to him what that means instead of leaving him hanging!
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
It makes auto shift at full pressure. Hard and fast. I dont even know if our stuff has the blue wire. You need to read it up on dsmforum or wherever. And go from there.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Maybe you shouldnt give him false expectations if you are unsure that his car even has the blue wire then ??
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Just sayin....not having a go at you.

warbo

warbo

4g63 breaker

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationDarwin
Yeah was wondering about blue wire but am sure I will search further if the situation requires. Atleast I get the impression that autos can take a mild workout. Thanks all for input.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Wether its called a blue wire mod and the actual wire is orange (or whatever) has no bearing on the benefit of the mod.
Just because somebody says cut the blue wire and earth it, wouldnt be enough for me to go ahead and do it in any car. I want to know what it does and trace it myself. I wouldnt be satisfied any other way.
Also I didnt go into a big diatribe because he hasnt got the gearbox yet.
There is a mod, its called a blue wire mod. Check it out whenever you want.
No offence taken or intended jamo.

google 'kiggly blue wire mod'.
  • ted likes this

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Glad we are on the same page Jack.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Everyday boss.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts

:D

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
Just get onto Aldo... he'll set it all straight. I have driven a fully manualised auto gsr. Was quite good to drive honestly. It wastmy mates and Aldo bought it from him, but that's a story for another day.
GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

MrConsistent

MrConsistent

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationCanberra

Contact "Rockabilly" if you want a box built very reasonable price and will handle anything you throw at it power wise (my current setup is 300awkw run in tune E85)

the main thing with blue wire mod or anything that makes the box shift at full line pressure will be breaking the 2nd gear band, main clutchpack or 4th gear they are all fairly weak

Aldo builds it so that full line pressure isn't a problem no slip = low heat so everything lasts longer BUT the trade off as always is shifting will be abrupt, my Wife has driven my car and still found it fine  :P

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

warbo

warbo

4g63 breaker

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationDarwin
Tips noted. Thanks again.

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
Or Tim brisvr4 as above. He's a good guy and happy to help.
GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • LocationThe home of unemployed bogans - Hervey bay,

Talk to Mo (MKD87), he recently bought a HSG with a stock auto running a larger turbo, he will have some insight into how an untouched auto performs, or doesn't.

I realise certain members will get their labia in a twist over this next comment, but I would like to mention that the "blue wire mod" is pointless on it's own.

If you are considering a larger turbo you will need to consider your anticipated boost threshold (the point the turbo makes usable boost) and setup the stall converter to suit so you can get it off the line before the other guy makes it

to the next set of lights. A shift box might be worth a look as well.

http://www.forcedfou...hiftboxplus.htm

And with all this modification you may as well look at a full rebuild before you put it in. Have a chat with Aldo ( if he is still around the place :ph34r: ) I've seen what he does and how he does it and he is the only person I'd trust to build an

auto that will last. If you're only looking at 200kw he will build you a setup that you will be handing on to your grandkids.

Edited by Benzo4gT, 26 February 2015 - 11:01 PM.

Bit of a tool, and owner of "The Turdis" - Hervey Bay

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
  • LocationBrisbane - Southside

Luckily auto boxes aren't filled with incredibly expensive magical pixie dust like the Auto transmissions shops of old would have us believe!

They aren't too hard to build but you do need to know what you are doing. Talk to Aldo as he is set up to build boxes in Sydney without much delay.

The forcedfour shift box is awesome but I would recommend setting up a steering wheel shift button system to take full advantage of it.

Trying to launch, watch a tacho and hold a shiftbox all at the same time is tricky! Especially when your car makes enough power to try to torque steer off the road whilst all this is happening!

Oh, and keep it cool! It's amazing how you can shorten an auto's lifespan by just running it too hot!

• ted likes this

Tim
Dsmlink V3 + E85 :drool: 11.37 @ 131.46 ... still more in her

Remember Kids... Google does not equal research!

Magnus
How much time do you spend in a parking lot with your performance car? If you do a lot of parking lot driving, and hang out in parking lots, chances are you are a ricer, go home and read import tuner. If you’re complaining about noise you should not be modifying your car. You should also consider no longer being a man, please hand in your genitals at the door.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users