Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can someone punch this vin number into CAPS please

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

rob323

rob323

Don't drive it, RALLY it!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts
  • LocationJoyner, Brisbane.

I have a VR4 sitting here and I'm wondering if someone can punch the vin number E38A-0001830 into CAPS and tell me what year it is and what "fruit" it should have on it please.

Cheers,

Rob.

Chrome hater No. 1.
Former owner of the pair of ass kicking boots for purchasers of cheap ebay chinese knock off turbos. - Ass kicking boots now for sale SOLD.

VR4 - the "Old Skool" evo!

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
  • LocationBrisbane - Southside
This is the tech section you bunch of clowns, take your crap to the off topic area please otherwise I'll start deleting stuff and handing out vacations from here to those that think it's amusing to shit on every area of the forums that they see fit.
I've had just about enough of the crap.

Rob, build date is 1990. Listed as an RS.
Should have a LSD 4 bolt rear.
It's not actually showing me if it has a front LSD though. It shows it as an open though obviously.
What else do you need mate?

Tim
Dsmlink V3 + E85 :drool: 11.37 @ 131.46 ... still more in her

Remember Kids... Google does not equal research!

Magnus
How much time do you spend in a parking lot with your performance car? If you do a lot of parking lot driving, and hang out in parking lots, chances are you are a ricer, go home and read import tuner. If you’re complaining about noise you should not be modifying your car. You should also consider no longer being a man, please hand in your genitals at the door.

rob323

rob323

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Awww Tim, I was curious to see how many Mitsubishi enthusiasts didn't know what CAPS was.

Thanks for the info, looks like this "shitta" at my place has some pedigree.

I'll have to have a better look over it to see whether I rape it for the good bits or on sell it.

The build plate does list a 3.909 rear end so I hope it is still in there.

Chrome hater No. 1.
Former owner of the pair of ass kicking boots for purchasers of cheap ebay chinese knock off turbos. - Ass kicking boots now for sale SOLD.

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
  • LocationBrisbane - Southside
Nice mate! If you decide to pull bits off of it let me know mate, I need a rear seat!

Tim
Dsmlink V3 + E85 :drool: 11.37 @ 131.46 ... still more in her

Remember Kids... Google does not equal research!

Magnus
How much time do you spend in a parking lot with your performance car? If you do a lot of parking lot driving, and hang out in parking lots, chances are you are a ricer, go home and read import tuner. If you’re complaining about noise you should not be modifying your car. You should also consider no longer being a man, please hand in your genitals at the door.

rob323

rob323

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Definately have a rear seat available, maybe even two. Don't need them as the cage now takes up that space.

Chrome hater No. 1.

rob323

rob323

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Hmm, according to the numbers, it is a geniune big 16G huffer on it too.

I'll get under it on the weekend and investigate it some more.

Chrome hater No. 1.

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

Chassis Number: E38A-0001830

1990 Model SNPF4 - 32nd week or 32nd day. Not sure exactly but its definitely 1990 production period and a "32" afterward.

VR4 RS Model.

5 speed Manual

Exterior WM9

Interior 88U

Says it come with option 020. Not sure what it is? Possibly the LSD option. Have to compare against an EVO to see for sure.

But I type in LSD and it brings up the rear mech LSD. And when I type diff it brings up a viscous front LSD.

* Turbocharger part number comes up as MD134055 which was superseded by MD168040.

This turbo is also found on "D47A" 1G DSM Mitsubishi Eclipse/Talon 89-94, the E38A Galants and on the E39A Galant LNPF, SNPF and SNPF4. That's the TD05 14B turbo.

FYI:

MD191317 49178-01450 EVO1 16G
MR187776 49178-01460 EVO2 Small 16G
MR239346 49178-01470 EVO3 Big 16G

This doesnt mean that somebody hasnt changed the turbo in the last 25 years. Look at the compressor housing numbers at the front of the turbo.  If it has the same numbers as in red font above, then its a big 16G turbo.

Attached Thumbnails

• Image 059.png

Edited by EVO-00X, 20 January 2015 - 10:51 AM.

AWD. 2 Litre. GTX3076R 0.82.
330kw atw @ 28psi 98 pump fuel.

372kw atw @ 28psi E85 Flexfuel.
EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users