Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Heating AirCon Fan issue

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

bennygsr

bennygsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

About 2years ago, my aircon in my yellow plate E1 worked, but barely.  It would only just cool and on a 30Deg day it was mostly useless.

I thought it needed regassing, so my mechanic had a radiator/ aircon place come and look at it.  They said I was on old gas, and a re-gas would need a new compressor so total cost might be somewhere near $400.  They also replaced a fan relay - and what do you know, aircon worked awesome again - max cool worked brilliantly.

So, a year on, and the fan seems to run out of puff again in a very similar way- max fan just isn't.   I stop at an auto electrician, and they say the fan relays  are fine. 

The symptoms are:

fan doesn't blow very powerfully, when moving from feet to face, to windscreen fan, it doesn't "completely" isolate the air/ Eg. max cool face only still has air blowing out of the feet and the windscreen.

I've had one suggestion that the motor that moves the air from one zone to another might not be opening or closing correctly. 

If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
Them telling you that a regas to r134 requiring a new compressor is bull all you need are new shrader vavles to match the new gassers and a new dryer unit.

yes it's me KHUBNER

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
You are meant to change all the seals at pipe junctions and at front of pump and the dryer as well. I think this is to get rid of all the old refridge oil or maybe the new gas eats the old oil.

Old gas is best.

But, pull your fan out and bench test it. Or drop it down and spin it by hand. Maybe the bearings are tight or the brushes are worn.
You should be able to see the flappers working. The recirc one is behind glovebox, or under it. The feet face screen one is above clutch pedal near back of stereo. Ish
But you have climate control so this is a guide as im not familiar. Just see if it has full travel.
Someone knocked the dvd touch screen pointer down the dash centre vents on my car and that stuffed up the vent movements.

But try fixing fan first. Even just drop it down and test. It should get 12v on full speed.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

I'ld like to know of a better fan for our CC Lancers too. The OEM one just isn't flowing enough air even when all the vents etc are working properly.

Im wondering if there is a way to make them spin faster? Or if there is a fan motor from another later model that will work?

Anyone sussed out a CE Lancer or newer fan?

AWD. 2 Litre. GTX3076R 0.82.
330kw atw @ 28psi 98 pump fuel.

372kw atw @ 28psi E85 Flexfuel.
EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

bennygsr

bennygsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

THanks for that Jack of all.

Khubner, I can't remember if the shop said compressor - I just thought it was that.  They didn't seem like they were taking me for ride (entirely anyway) but it was going to cost about $400 total.

The thing was, that this time it felt same as last time  when they fixed the fan relay.  Maybe Evo -oox that is what's going on with yours??

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place

I'ld like to know of a better fan for our CC Lancers too. The OEM one just isn't flowing enough air even when all the vents etc are working properly.
Im wondering if there is a way to make them spin faster? Or if there is a fan motor from another later model that will work?
Anyone sussed out a CE Lancer or newer fan?

Works awesome in a small ute cab.
I suppose you are getting full battery volts at fan on high.
Other than that, I dunno. We need to change to 18v. That will fix heaps of issues
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

bennygsr

bennygsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

So I've had a look and the little motor above the footwell doesn't completely move "all the way" to blocking air at footwell,f ace or window.  I have to manually push it that little further.

Is it simply a matter of cleaning mechanism, or can the little individual motor run out of puff??

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Lube works wonders in most applications !
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users