Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

hydraulic clutch bearing

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Locationwestern australia
Has anybody used one of these ? Im looking at the tilton universal one

BRUSHED

BRUSHED

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGisborne
I've taken mine off as I've read a lot of people are doing damage with them, especially to an Evo box

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
Damage in what way ?
I guess where the pressure from the bearing pushes onto the box around the shaft is probably not designed for it.

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Really? Shit didnt know that, gunna have to have a dig around an find out more

BRUSHED

BRUSHED

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGisborne
I can't remember what they were damaging, it was a while ago, have a dig around on google. Also got a mate who drifts and he said alot of them have had trouble with them also, could be just hit and miss but I'll just stay to what's been proven for many years

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Yea thats what im thinking, stick with what I know, but im pretty keen to see where it fucks the evo's, gsr's gunna be a guinea pig for alot of experimenting so if I can find a cheap kit ill throw it in an report back,

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
As someone who has broken a bolt hole off of a gearbox I'd say they are cracking the cases the aluminium isn't that strong I'd probably recommend reinforcement

yes it's me KHUBNER

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
^ yea man thats what I was thinking, but ill have to have a chat with my gun welder an see what we can come up with
Also I think going a Twin plate so its abit lighter could help too,

BRUSHED

BRUSHED

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGisborne
I'm all for you trialling it out got us, it's not gonna cost us if it breaks so go for it haha. Let us know how it goes

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
Hmm think ill give it a miss im about to put in my 4th box into my vr4 and they are getting hard to find not worth the risk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users