Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

mod plate engineer

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

bob

bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Hi Guys,

looking at a 4G94 to 6a12 Mivec conversion - any good guys to talk to re: mod plating etc in SEQ.

Thanks

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

go and speak to rick at classic and chrome. in southport he performed the awd conversion in my lancer and got in the engineer to certify it. he should be able to point you in the right direction. engineering should be around $300 for your first code then 50 for each code you need after that

yes it's me KHUBNER

bob

bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Thanks heaps!! -  what do you think the likelyhood is given that the Pajero io is a late 2000/2001 body style with a 98-2000 fto engine? no go? both would have EGR carbon canister etc - 

I've only dealt with 1960's to 1980's engines/cars and there is a fucktonne of emissions crap that excludes a tonne of cool conversions

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
See here http://www.tmr.qld.g...ionlaengine.pdf

Will tell you all you need to know about legalities regards engine swap

yes it's me KHUBNER

GVR40

GVR40

Passion Fingers

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

engine must be newer than the car it is going in to

MDK87

MDK87

Hyundai's can't fly!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

How do people get away with RB30 GTR's?

GVR40

GVR40

Passion Fingers

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

do they mo? or are they rb25/30 using the 25 engine number? or are they even mod plated and registered with the correct engine number? I would think alot of the back yard jobs aren't done legally

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users