Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tips to undo the fuel pump assy outlet?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

So my fuel pump is dead and I've ordered my new AEM E85 pump. I thought I'd get a little ahead of the game and pull the pump assembly out in advance. There's one problem.

I cannot get the fitting on the fuel outlet undone to save my life. Any hints or tips on this would be greatly appreciated.

I've been dousing it in penetrating oil and going at it as hard as I can with a pair of spanners while making sure I don't rip the pipe clean off.

ECM Link, 399 MAF, 560cc injectors, 270 cams, TD05-20G @22psi, 3" dump, full 3" mandrel exhaust, intercooler, Fidanza alloy flywheel, 4 bolt LSD, EVO IV brakes, Strut braces, coil overs and sway bars.

DOUGMO

DOUGMO

yoni lover

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,885 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
undo the hose at the other end in front of the back wheel, always seems easier to do

GENUINE CE9A evo2 gsr track car
all fabrication BJP AUTOMOTIVE
winton 1:27.4 /// sandown 1:21.5 /// phillip island 1:49.2 /// haunted hills 59.1
/// eastern creek 1:35.4 /// winton short 1:01.4

JayRome

JayRome

Blurring the line between 1st to 3rd Gen engines....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

undo the hose at the other end in front of the back wheel, always seems easier to do

that works a treat, allows the hose to spin a little... and i'd use vice grips instead of open ended spanner (pump side) and size 19 (hose end) from memory...

Chosen Weapons:
WideBody Galant GSR 4g63 N/A+T Hybrid 1st/3rd gen +AWD
Audi A3 slow POS

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
With the gsr, undo at the chassis rail. Then remove pump assy to the bench vice for further disassembly
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

milkandoj

milkandoj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationPerth
I used hose spanners and it stripped.
Got a small pipe wrench/ stilsons and that cracked it. Like ~300mm long mini pipe wrench.
Lots of inox or penetrene and let it soak may help to.

Edited by milkandoj, 30 September 2014 - 04:18 AM.

99% home built for a life time warranty. Engine now needing repair under 'warranty'

omad

omad

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationPerth, WA

if you don't already know this trick - space the 2 spanners as seen in the pic so that bringing them together will undo the connection, then use the grip on both your hands to do just that. Just be mindful that this applies a lot of force and makes it much easier to strip the nuts. A good set of the hose spanners is a great investment, the cheap ones will just flex open and strip the nuts.

ff1.jpg

there's already a few forums for girls and sissys-

www.wrx.com.au

www.clubwrx.com.au

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Dreaming ↑. It mght work for a filter as they are bigger hex.
That fuel flex is a pita.
Even brake lines I use vice grips. If I cant get a ringy on it, vice grips.
I have hose spanners and they arent much good, they should come with a clamp thing to turn them into a ring spanner once passed over the tube.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.

milkandoj

milkandoj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationPerth
The hose spanners I bought (two sets) were both looser tollerence and looked like they were about to strip compared to my regular spanners. I was like what's the point then.

Small stilsons/ pipe wrench will do it easy. Supershit auto sells them
99% home built for a life time warranty. Engine now needing repair under 'warranty'

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Thanks for the tips guys. The Walbro has arrived and I've got tomorrow off, so we'll see how we go.

ECM Link, 399 MAF, 560cc injectors, 270 cams, TD05-20G @22psi, 3" dump, full 3" mandrel exhaust, intercooler, Fidanza alloy flywheel, 4 bolt LSD, EVO IV brakes, Strut braces, coil overs and sway bars.

MDK87

MDK87

Hyundai's can't fly!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

I had to pull my pump out in the middle of nowhere last weekend. Glad that mine came apart very easy just with open ends.

That loctite freeze spray has worked well for me a few times. You need to give it a good dose though. 

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney
I had to postpone for a few days, but after a further drowning in nutbuster I managed to get the fuel line undone. Found a really old walbro gss342. Fitting the new E85 pump was pretty painless. After putting up a bit of a fight we got the pump assembly fitted and it works just fine.

MDK87

MDK87

Hyundai's can't fly!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Nutbuster... Sounds like some sort of alias for women.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Walletbusters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users