Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Carrier Bearings

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

omad

omad

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationPerth, WA

So I've just had my tailshaft rebuilt, went to put it in and the carrier hanger didn't fit - like the holes were too far apart. After taking it back and having a look between the two and trying to take some dimensions from the car, it seems like that is exactly what's wrong. The (rough) measurements I got from the car have the bolt hole centres at 175mm. The catalogue that these were ordered from have the bolt hole centres listed at 190mm.

Through some searching I found reference to 'Driveline Services Australia' and looked into their cataloge here which looks like it lists the exact same thing.

Has anyone used these before or encountered this problem? Can anyone varify the bolt centres of the OEM centre bearings?

It's not really the fault of anyone and it'd be hard to pick unless you're trying to fit the shaft back onto the car or scrupulously measured every little detail, just curious to know if anyone else has had this issue or knows about it.

there's already a few forums for girls and sissys-

www.wrx.com.au

www.clubwrx.com.au

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Locationwestern australia
Not sure if to late for ya but mine is on the hoist and i can have measurements for you tomorrow arvo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users