Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Honey comb removal on 055 maf

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Locationwestern australia
Is there any gains to be had in removing the honey comb in the 055 mafs or is it just a waste of time ?

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
  • LocationBrisbane - Southside
No

Tim
Dsmlink V3 + E85 :drool: 11.37 @ 131.46 ... still more in her

Remember Kids... Google does not equal research!

Magnus
How much time do you spend in a parking lot with your performance car? If you do a lot of parking lot driving, and hang out in parking lots, chances are you are a ricer, go home and read import tuner. If you’re complaining about noise you should not be modifying your car. You should also consider no longer being a man, please hand in your genitals at the door.

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
You may mess up the readings the air flow sensor recieves and throw your ait/fuel ratio out.

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Your only supposed to cut out a small portion at a time if your running rich to try an sneak more air in, go too far an you might lean out an destroy ya engine, an the risk might be for only a couple of hp/ kw,

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
If there is notable air flow gains i would only do it when retuning , but if not i wont bother pulling them out.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
As Tim said. There are no benefits.
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
Cool i wont bother , i was just pulling a dead one apart last night and it was really easy to do. Thought maybe would get a bit better flow kinCool i wont bother , i was just pulling a dead one apart last night and it was really easy to do. Thought maybe would get a bit better flow kinda running no cat in exhaust

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Change to a 399 if you want more flow or (672?)
They are round like the gsr, but you will need to retune the maf to suit
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
Hardly seems worth the fuss , im retuning for 720s soon. Once ive fitted my locked centre box and evo3 lsd. Hoping to make 400 awhp 055 should flow fine for that im guessing

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Im not sure of 055 limits. 300awkw would have to be up there. I reckon its beyond the 055 limts.
I think there is ecmlink page on afm limits.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users