Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

dash power

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

evotastic.ca

evotastic.ca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCanada
Both tach and speedo gauges not moving, didn't touch ign or speed cable during tuck, thinking I removed either the ground used by the gauge motors or the power source. Cel abs and battery light works. ECU sees rpm. Gas gauge works, coolant temp is maxed when key moved to ON.

Anyone know where on the dash is ground and/or power?
Follow my 600whp Drag Evo Build @evotastic.ca
Also follow me on twitter @eevotastic

evotastic.ca

evotastic.ca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCanada

Looked at this

EtBbiEw.png

Was able to find that:

TM-Ground (tacho ground I assume) : battery voltage, with or without the connector with the RPM sign from the TCU/ECU

TM (tacho I assume) : with connector, no voltage, without connector it sees battery voltage.

So my question is, why is the ground seeing battery voltage at all times?

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

maybe you've shorted or got the reversed

yes it's me KHUBNER

evotastic.ca

evotastic.ca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCanada
I know the connectors are not mixed up because one of them has no wires on it's top row of terminals. This matches to the PCB on the back of the cluster. Now I also know they are not rotated 180deg because the things I have kept in the harness would misalign to the PCB, like the fuel gauge, the boost light etc.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Coolant temp will max out if it has a short to earth between the gauge and the sender. Its (yellow/white trace?) And runs down the right fender. Unplug the harness connector on the chassis rail under the master cylinder. If it still maxes out the short is between connector and gauge. If it stays at min temp, the problem is between connector and sender on engine.

If the dash is getting power, the earth pin will also show voltage as the power leaves the dash. Check the earth is connected to earth
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users