Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fuel starvation?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
Does anyone else suffer a little hiccup in power delivery when fuel is around a quarter full. Only happens up hill, turning rightt and under full boost? Kind of feels like a stutter without the harsh cut that you get with bad plugs or boost leak.
Cheers.

Edited by White Knight, 19 July 2014 - 11:35 PM.

leon r

leon r

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationMass, USA
Turning right puts the fuel on the other side of the fuel tanks (opposite of fuel pick up). Are sure that you still have "sadle bag" tank syphon system working? If someone was working on your fuel pump, they could have messed it up.

Edited by leon r, 26 July 2014 - 09:37 PM.

96 Eclipse Spyder AWD (summer beater)
93 Eagle Summit TSI AWD (4G63 swap)
01 Isuzu Vehicross (winter beater)
80 Triumph TR7 (4G63 swap)
www.reitmanracing.com

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Video your afr when this happens to see if its running lean at that time
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

deepsouth

deepsouth

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationHobart

Yeah ours does this occassionaly, only turning right as well...

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
Yeh, not real sure of that Leon. After posting the question I realised where the pick up was...... Duhhhhh....
Jack, I honestly didn't notice it go lean, having said that it is a busy road so had a lot to look at. Plus, its not the fastest acting meter in the workd either.
Thanks guys for the responses, cheers.

leon r

leon r

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationMass, USA
The problem with looking at your AFR for this type of diagnostic, is the that just about any type of "event" will look the same on the gauge or logging chart.

I am actually logging my fuel pressure, so I get real live data, as I race. I am seeing fuel starvation that starts around 350hp. But that isn't related to turning, as it happens at drag strip and on the dyno :).

Aside from having fuel pick up on the "wrong side" for right turns, our tanks are divided by a "hump" to give clearance for the driveshaft (thus, the "sadle bag" name). To bring the fuel to the right side, our tanks use syphon system that uses fuel return form FPR as a primer. When working properly, the system is actually pretty effective. But is someone disables it, you will have fuel pick up problems.

To be safe, I never race with less than half a tank of fuel.

Edited by leon r, 27 July 2014 - 02:11 PM.

96 Eclipse Spyder AWD (summer beater)
93 Eagle Summit TSI AWD (4G63 swap)
01 Isuzu Vehicross (winter beater)
80 Triumph TR7 (4G63 swap)
www.reitmanracing.com

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
Copy that Leon, makes complete sense. Might check out the "off side" link and be sure it works as well.
Cheers for that mate. Best of luck with your fuel issues buddy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users