Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Boost leak

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW

Probably auto. Yea, auto. (Jamo is watching)

:ph34r:  I am indeed.....

[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Locationwestern australia

Well i had 2 leaking injectors and my ics was also leaking , did a bit of cleaning and attacking with RTV blue.

It was about time i pulled my finger out and did it , been along time coming !!!

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Now you will feel the powah.
Really makes a difference, as the ecu is putting the fuel in to match the extra air that is leaking out. So its rich as as well. Fixing leak will make it leaner and meaner
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

xjokux

xjokux

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Silicone didn't really work for me.  It worked on some injectors. I had a look at the top rubber seal where the fuel rail sits on. I tried putting a spacer on (copper washer 1.0mm) It seemed to put more pressure on the injectors to seal on the lower rubber seal.

I'm still leaking somewhere around the intake but its alot better now at holding steady enough on 15psi

1991 CB Lancer GSR. Fully restored. Forged vr4 motor. FP Manifold. 20g. 38mm Tial wastegate. 3" Punishment Racing dumpipe. FIC 950cc. Ecmlink.  Koni inserts coilovers. Evo 4 brake setup. Sprint 15' Harts racing. 280 cams. 4g61 inlet. Evo 8 Throttle body. 

1995 SSG RVR
2014 ASX Diesel 4WD

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Good one.
Glad this worked out.

Spray with bubbly water. Mine was coming out the biss and the throttle shafts.
I have a for sale with the shaft seals.

Edited by jack of all, 30 March 2014 - 03:44 AM.

4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Locationwestern australia

Silicone didn't really work for me.  It worked on some injectors. I had a look at the top rubber seal where the fuel rail sits on. I tried putting a spacer on (copper washer 1.0mm) It seemed to put more pressure on the injectors to seal on the lower rubber seal.

I'm still leaking somewhere around the intake but its alot better now at holding steady enough on 15psi

I put lower injector seals on the top of my injectors plus the top seals it put lots of pressure on them and i also used rtv blue to seal lower seal to the injector , so far ive been able to pump it up to just over 2 bar with only a high pitched whistle comming from a cooler pipe with a dodgy clamp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users