Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

External sensor input question/confirmation

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

On my short list of upgrades to get for my VR4 is ECMlink rather than the generic chip I have. I want to use wideband o2 and EGT for tuning, and wanted to check I can do it the way I think I can from reading the wiki. Can I use the EGR input for EGT and after observing what the stock o2 sensor outputs, use it's input for a wideband o2, and use the stock o2 simulator function? If I can it means I don't have to buy seperate gauges/loggers, which would mean more money and hassle getting all of the tuning data together.

ECM Link, 399 MAF, 560cc injectors, 270 cams, TD05-20G @22psi, 3" dump, full 3" mandrel exhaust, intercooler, Fidanza alloy flywheel, 4 bolt LSD, EVO IV brakes, Strut braces, coil overs and sway bars.

twdorris

twdorris

ECMTuning, Inc.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFrederick, MD - USA

There is no input on the VR4 that's directly compatible with an EGT sensor.  I know there are some gauge packages (like ApexELEGT) that provide a 5v EGT output, but unless you have that, there's no way to datalog an EGT sensor directly with the VR4 ECU.

That said, once you have a wideband wired up, I'm not sure an EGT will provide all that much more data.  

Your other thoughts / plans are correct on the wideband.

Thomas Dorris

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

OK, so if I skip the EGT can I use EGR in for an LC-2 WB and leave the stock o2 alone? Thanks.

ECM Link, 399 MAF, 560cc injectors, 270 cams, TD05-20G @22psi, 3" dump, full 3" mandrel exhaust, intercooler, Fidanza alloy flywheel, 4 bolt LSD, EVO IV brakes, Strut braces, coil overs and sway bars.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Egr is a output.
Put your wbo2 in the dump and log it in ecmlink and simulate nb. Wire it to front o2.

If you want a gauge to look at in the car, get a innovate mtx-l its cheaper than a lc2 and gauge.

Edited by jack of all, 09 March 2014 - 03:29 PM.

4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users