Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Strange problem?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Locationwestern australia

Not exactly sure but if you can pump it up to 30 psi and have it hold long enough to spray soapy water on pipes , seal and joins it should be ok or to listen for air hissing.

If anybody else can clarify the best position for crank to be to do this method it would be helpfull to all.

Jazz9

Jazz9

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Does it idle high also?

+1 for intake leak check. It's turbo car 101

I normally don't even bother with TDC .... when the motor comes to rest, generally it finds to right spot. if not, remove plastic and just bump the starter.

Glen

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Does it idle high also?

+1 for intake leak check. It's turbo car 101

I normally don't even bother with TDC .... when the motor comes to rest, generally it finds to right spot. if not, remove plastic and just bump the starter.

Glen

Hey you is alive on here now hahaha

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Anywhere that is not tdc will work.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

Jazz9

Jazz9

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

yes croket, i be everywhere :D

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

yes croket, i be everywhere :D

Everywhere but at your nieghbours havin a beer , we should catch up friday for a couple beers in the arvo if your not busy

kyle-reece

kyle-reece

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationHawkes Bay, New Zealand.
Replaced my afm, problems still there. Has been check for boost and vacuum leaks everywhere and nothing. Throttle body, and cam angle sensor are the next things to be checked. Any other suggestions will be appreciated!!

If I disconnect my battery for a few minutes and hook it back up, the car seems to run mint for a awhile. But after awhile it will start to splutter and run like it's on 2 or 3 cylinders until it fully stalls. Once the car has stalled I hear a clicking noise coming from behind the glove box? Is this normal?

I also notice when the car isn't running properly the passenger side door won't lock via Central locking, but when they car is running good it's fine? I was thinking maybe not enough voltage but my lights, stereo and air con works fine..

Once the car has cut out and I manage to get it started again one of the belts (not sure which one) makes a hell of a screeching noise for about 10 seconds. It doesn't do this on a cold start or when the car is operating properly, only when it's being a shit c*nt

This problem is way out of my ability to find and fix so it's seeing my mechanic Monday now

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW

The clicking  will be the MPI relay...might want to check thats working properly.

[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW

It will be the alternator belt screeching also. 

[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

kyle-reece

kyle-reece

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationHawkes Bay, New Zealand.
Doesn't it seem strange that the alternator belt only screeches when the car is running poor?

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Corroded ecu? Check for leaking ooze from the caps on the ecu board. A clicking mfi relay makes this a possibility.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
I had exactly this problem same clicking etc. Ended up being the tps was rooted. Replaced with brand new one. Adjusted it correctly and was happy days. All probs I had were exactly the same as yours

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA

change battery and see if problem persists

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

Siret

Siret

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSydney

Long shot but my car had problems with stalling, hesitating under acceleration...which resolved after turning the thing off and letting it sit for a bit. Turned out my fuel tank was filthy. Quick test, take off your fuel filter and see what colour the fuel is thats in it. Mine was reddish brown. Cleaned the tank and had no more problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users