Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WTB please VR4 4G63T Engine

- - - - - engine wanted 4g63 4g63t

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

zoomxr8ed

zoomxr8ed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
Hi fellas and felines,

Need your help.. I need a motor for the old beast as my piston rings are gone on it... Dunno if it is worth it to just repair mine or get a motor... I guess it all depends on how much you can sell me yours. whahaha..

I am in Kingston, logan area. 4114.. I can pickup at depots or houses anywhere within 200 ks..

Thanks heaps..

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA
not many cats have cars....

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

Gianni

Gianni

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
I have all the vr4 bolt on gear turbos manifolds ect but you would already have them from your current motor unless they are on the way out too. You could always grab a non turbo 4g63 and slap it all on but would be limited to low boost.

That's if you can't Find a vr4 motor.
Another option is get a 4g64 block and slap your head and turbo gear onto that ;)
Gianni

zoomxr8ed

zoomxr8ed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
doing the 4g64 way ultimately more power right??? but reliablities and also cost how you reckon that would be? Its a shame coz I got the Microteh and also bigger injectors and tdo5.. bought the car with forged pistons.. goes pretty hard I mean it WENT pretty hard. how it does not go at all... cant get a spark coz the plugs are flooded with oil..

Gianni

Gianni

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Not sure how much the stock block will handle. But you could get a block from wreckers use stick crank and maybe pop forged pistons and rods. Use your current head
Gianni

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Yea 64 means more torque but check state reg's cos i know in vic 10% or 15% bigger needs engineer's certs so just a heads up other than that the 2.4's a pretty good option

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Just bore and piston yours.
2.4 are na so will need turbo pistons and bore anyway.Plus 6bolt 2.4 are rare blocks and 7bolt 2.4 need mods to suit your head. The block alone will cost more than a set of forged wiseco. Lift your head and measure your bore. Maybe it just needs hone and rings.
I got pistons from realstreetperformance. fernando is pretty good
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engine, wanted, 4g63, 4g63t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users