Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

EVOL JUM ('04 evo'd jumbuck rewrite) - New Progress!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

EVL JUM

EVL JUM

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationPerth SOR
I don't think anyone could be more excited them me.. haha

3.5" that's a fair size.. I was just going to put on 3" lol, with twin tips on the back

yeah it has, but I reckon im at the light switch atm I just can't find it to turn it on haha

website_banner.jpg

AKA: 1JUM2NV

Daily: 2012 Isuzu D-Max 4x4
Weekender/Project: 04 Jumolution - Jumbuck Evolution 3 13.003 sec with 256hp FWD now AWD! Fully LIC'D under going heaps of changes!!
2nd Project: 1.8L AWD DRAG COUPE

Liberoz

Liberoz

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts
  • LocationSydney

I was planning a watts link for mine but a panhard is fine.
But the leaf springs are still there and factory has no panhard bar. The leaf springs are stiff as side to side. As they are tapered and there is no rear shackle there is sfa movement.

I would like to see it under load going around a corner with a Go Pro focused on the rear wheel's ;) and we can prove your SFA theory :)

Cheers for the comments guys..

But Yeah ive got a few ideas about how to run the exhaust over the top of the diff without effecting the flow tooo much, im hoping to get away with 4-5 90* bends all up.

But with the coilovers I wont have an issue with it hitting as its pretty hard atm, and there set half way, I just hope it doesn't hit the tank otherwise that's the first thing coming out..

He's a pic of My Lib with a CD5W Fujitsubo Legalis Catback ;) Clear shots of the Rear CD5W fuel tank & Factory GT Pan hard rod.
Posted Image
(Pre fitting KSport Coilovers with Super low race springs 3" drop over factory was my race height set up ) :thumbsup:

With KSport coil overs fitted & Cusco adjustable Pan hard rod.
Posted Image

Edited by Liberoz, 12 July 2013 - 01:03 AM.

• ted likes this
John
CE9W RIBEROGT RANSAEBO II

RRF | 0Z Racing | RALLI/// ///ART | Sparco | MEEK | Elf | Fujitsubo | Marle Pistons
| HKS-RS Intake | Cusco | Apexi | PUMA | Dia Queen | GIII's | Hibrid III | MMC | GReedy TRUST | Camtech | RECARO| RSEII Spec | RALLIART Options inside | Walbro

EVL JUM

EVL JUM

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationPerth SOR
Today Saturday the 13th of July in 2013... Haha the Engineer has been and gone.

Brakes test done and PASSED!!
His inspections done very happy with it

Now the hard part waiting for paper work to ge the final inspection done!

website_banner.jpg

Weekender/Project: 04 Jumolution - Jumbuck Evolution 3 13.003 sec with 256hp FWD now AWD! Fully LIC'D under going heaps of changes!!

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Good work boss. Awesome news
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

PROGSR

PROGSR

1.5L FWD,NO WAY HOSIAH!!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Nth
great news !!! full steam ahead
Jummn the roads

Proton Jumbuck 4g93t 4WD X-breed spec- my toy/parts shopping trolley http://www.4gtuner.c...ogsr-my-newbie/
MMC Lancer GSR srII - my stocker-sleeping beauty, to be revived someday... in a state of coma atm http://www.4gtuner.c...could-kill-gsr/
Suzuki Swift GTI MkI - my daily 750kg street reg'd go kart http://www.4gtuner.c...-a-tri-diamond/

EVL JUM

EVL JUM

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationPerth SOR
Wow it's been along time since I posted.

But the car is now a completely legal AWD 2L jumbuck!

So far, I've lowered the back end, put the front lip back on. Will be changing the front suspension soon

Next on the list is the exhaust, just waiting on some parts to arrive and I'll start building.
Then fix up the body/bodykit and start getting ready for painting
Then a lot more to come

I'll throw up a pix of how it's currently looks soon.

website_banner.jpg

EVL JUM

EVL JUM

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationPerth SOR

so here are some pixs..

this is where i want it to sit. but donno if i can get it to work that low. might have too many issues with the diff and body

awd_low2.JPG

this is where its sitting atm

as_5-1-14.jpg

Next of the cards and get a cell, surge and pumps, get them in and the lower it and do the exhaust

i have everything i need to build the exhaust i just need to build it. with the cell i just need to decide on what size i want i can get a 40l tank or a 60l tank

website_banner.jpg

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
I will be notching the chassis rails to get clearance for the diff and moving the bump stops higher. Although contemplating a 4link for the back...
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.

Geo&Kez

Geo&Kez

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • LocationPerth

Looks awesome mate. :thumbsup:

I HATE BEING BIPOLAR........IT'S AWESOME!!

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Locationwestern australia

Thats awesome , id go 60 litre cell its not like the back of it would be harmed by extra weight of fuel hahaha

EVL JUM

EVL JUM

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationPerth SOR

so i went a little but crazy in the last week or two.. heres what i brought have so far..

new_products.JPG

So what is pictured..

60L cell

new black backed headlight. (cos someone cracked the lens while it was at a shop..)

new horns

2x 044 Bosch pumps

1x bracket for pump

surge tank

fuel pressure gauge (autometer cobalt range)

about 55 fittings. ranging from -6 to -8 and looks like some -10.. got a a very good price (worked out to be about 3.50 a fitting + postage)

10x 3" mandrel bends - probably wont use them all now that ill be running the cell

4" flex

"Y" piece to split the zorst at the back

flanges

muffler

the cat

I also received my new hard lid. brought it for $350 from over east.. with no damages, around 1/3rd of the price new

im just waiting on my tips and a inline filter.. ill hopefully have everything in by the end of the month

website_banner.jpg

EVL JUM

EVL JUM

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationPerth SOR

I made a start on the exhaust today, got most of it done except for the rear end. i need about 30cms of straight pipe to finish it, and my tips once they arrive.

down_pipe.JPG

mid_pipe.JPG

end_pipe1.JPG

end_pipe2.JPG

This is roughly where ill be mounting the cell, just need to work out what im going to use to space it up to clear the sump of the cell. ill be getting the hose and other fittings i need hopefully tomorrow and have everything plumbed in and back on the road, hopefully

cell_location.JPG

this is the new hard cover, just need to paint it now.

hardlid1.JPG

website_banner.jpg

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Room in the tray for a nitrous bottle and a ice box (for a big w2a) yet.

Heaps of room under the tray now without a tank and spare wheel.
Looking good btw.

What colour are you going, there is a awesome looking orange one getting around.

Edited by jack of all, 19 January 2014 - 10:08 AM.

EVL JUM

EVL JUM

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationPerth SOR

haha yeah, ive heard that but I havnt seen it on the street yet. might cross paths one day.

that's all that going in the tray, might do NOS in the future but no plans atm.

but colour wise, sticking with the white, but doing the lancer evo white. I was going to put a blue tint in there aswell, which would look good. like the lexus white.. img below

but donno if I wanna do it now, just getting it the evo white will be good enough for me atm

P1160448.jpg

Edited by 1JUM2NV, 19 January 2014 - 10:31 AM.

website_banner.jpg

VIN18M

VIN18M

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationSydney
Nice job on the exhaust! I reckon doing the exhaust on my car was one of the most enjoyable and rewarding parts of the build. Is it stainless?

EVL JUM

EVL JUM

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationPerth SOR

cheers, yeah some of it is, the mid part only really, it was a donor exhaust came out of a evo'd gsr, reused all of it except for bout 20cms which had been crushed anyways, doing it myself I think has been cheaper aswell, only spent about 300-400 bux on everything, and there is still alittle bit left over I can sell on 

website_banner.jpg

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
Id keep solid white , white with pearls over it is so much more expensive to have sprayed and even more so for touch ups. Im a spray painter and even though it looks great its just more expensive to spray and touch up. Plus im biased , i liked a clean straight white

EVL JUM

EVL JUM

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationPerth SOR

yeah that what I was thinking too... but a painter hey, interested in a cashy?? haha

website_banner.jpg

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
I agree crocket. I like good honest solid colours. No flake or pearl to muddy the lines. And harlequin. .. if you dont know what colour you want, dont paint it.
Flake isnt as bad, but pearl looks dirty to me. Sort of dusty looking.
My2c

But I saw a merc transit van thing ages ago, it was white but had traditional flames with harlequin flame tips. It looked good.

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

The new pearl white are really clean now because they are powder that you mix in clear basecoat , not hard to do for respray its on when it needs touching up that it becomes tricky blending the white out then the pearl over the white and blending that without putting to much pearl over the existing pearl.

Gone are the days of muddy flips on white pearls , which is great coz they look great now.

I may be keen on a cashie in about 6 months , ive got this gsr to build with glen and ive also got some final touches to do on his gto to get it up to show standard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users