Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

LN17UP gsr

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

romeo

romeo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationLiverpool NSW
haha it is a Toyota but not a drift car, theres a supra I found that looks pretty good and I have always wanted a supra ever since I was little and seeing one in fast and furious made me want one more lol

Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
6spd manual or auto?? Fantastic engine the 2jzgte and a lot easier, cheaper and more reliable than an rb26 to get big power even on a stock bottom end iif strait 6's are your thing. I miss my supra. Such a well put together car!!!

romeo

romeo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationLiverpool NSW

6spd manual or auto?? Fantastic engine the 2jzgte and a lot easier, cheaper and more reliable than an rb26 to get big power even on a stock bottom end iif strait 6's are your thing. I miss my supra. Such a well put together car!!!

if I get the one I want its a auto but since its so cheap I want to do a manual swap, so whats its like driving and owning a supra? I know there different and its hard to compare it to the lancers but which would you rather?

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
I have a v6 twin turbo Legnum as well as my Evo, Rocco...its no where near as much fun to drive as the Evo...its a lot less nimble and you can feel the weight difference when driving it...BUT the Legnum is still fun to drive in its own way and the power / torque still gives you that smile. And the sound of a six cylinder turbo charged car is hard to beat...like music to my ears!
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
The Legnum I have is a manual also....if it was auto it would be bring to drive I think..

Edited by evo-gsr, 30 June 2013 - 08:26 AM.

[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...

romeo

romeo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationLiverpool NSW
I know the supra would be a lot heavier and the gsr would be better suited for corners, hopefully with in the next few years I could get a genuine evo 3 and keep the supra (in a perfect world)

Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
The autos in them arnet to bad to be honest. The boxes can take a fair bit of abuse and no problems. 6spd conversion is going to cost you some pretty serious coin. The manuals run a getrag box and a decent second hand one will cost quite a bit if you can find one.while your at it id go a twin plate clutch so it can handle future upgrades.if you really want a 6spd prob be cheaper to just buy one rather than an auto and do the conversion. Totally different car than the gsr. The car sits a lot lower and is quite long and wide so can be difficult to negotiate driveways and car parks etc. the grip on a twisty stuff is where the supra will loose out to a gsr, Evo or Wrx any day of the week. At the lights you will kill most of these cars with even basic mods especially in an auto. Before I did a manual conversion and t04z with supporting mods on mine I was doing 0-100 in under 5 seconds. Rolling acceleration in surpas is awesome as is speed. From the factory they are choked and allowing the 2j to breathe properly will improve torque really well given that I think torque is around 450nm standard. The thing I like about Evo's gsr's and wrx's is the fact that it's a relatively practical 4 door sedan and is a lot of fun to drive especially on a windy road. The supra will drink al

Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
Supra will drink a lot more fuel than the gsr you have too. You need to drive one really fast and make up your own mind. Just keep in mind that if you make a mistake in the supra it's not going to be very kind to you. Don't know why but they do have a habit of bucking like angry mules from time to time when driven hard. I'm speaking for experience too lol

Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
The quality of the build on a supra is superb. Not dissing Mitsi but a much stronger and better built car all around. I think in 1993 when they came out they were around $140k in Australia new priced pretty close to the Porsche 911 in that era

romeo

romeo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationLiverpool NSW
thanks for the info its good to talk to someone who has owned both cars, im not really worries about fuel ive got my daily so would be mostly a weekend car, as for driving I think if I do get a supra I would go do a advanced driver course since im not that experienced with rwd cars.

Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
It's funny that you mentioned you wanted one when you were little. I remember my dad bringing home a Toyota brochure in 93 or 94 and I saw one then and wanted one. I ended up getting one lol

Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
http://www.4gtuner.c...934#entry265934

Pics of the supra I had on this thread

romeo

romeo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationLiverpool NSW
haha im just worried that I get the car and im disappointed

Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
You will miss that nice gsr u have. I would

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
^ Agreed

romeo

romeo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationLiverpool NSW
yea I know I'm going to miss the gsr but I just want a car I can built my self, put the effort and time so I can clam it as my own. I love the gsr but I cant really take credit for the car when I get compliments since I didn't build it :(

clone

clone

self employed bum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationTownsville
silly question but is the gsr w83 scotia white?

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
He's sold it.

evopwr

evopwr

[DIY]

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Hey mate nice gsr (that you had). Too bad you went the Supra bandwagon, oh well!
---

4G63t, AWD, Widebody

Posted Image

---

clone

clone

self employed bum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationTownsville
I know it's sold. In wondering if it was the scotia white as I'm about to respray my car

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users