Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stolen NOW FOUND - Galant VR4 SA

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
If you have the time, you don't have the money and if you have the money you don't have the time...

4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

doommachine

doommachine

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationAdelaide SA
Insurance company about to come pick it up.. apparently a full inspection will be done on the car, lets hope it's not ruined :(

omad

omad

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationPerth, WA
Most immobilizers are lazily installed. If you don't do it right, they can still be started. A lot of them are installed really close to the barrell so it's easy to bypass further down, especially in the case of ours and a lot of other cars that have a plug further down than the immobilizer cuts. Our cars also have 2 ignition wires, one runs the motor etc and the other is for fans etc. Cut the wrong one and the car can still start. Most installers also cut the ignition and starter, which is only really effective on an automatic car, as a manual can be push started if you can bypass the ignition. I generally try to always cut ignition and fuel, so the car will still crank but not start. I'm pretty sure I cut the pump or ECU off the back of the relay panel behind the dash in mine... but it's been that long I don't remember.

Working in the industry I see a lot of this dodgy shit all the time, people are just too lazy or maybe they don't have a clue. I usually try to rectify the issues and make sure an immobilizer/alarm actually does it's job and also can't just be found/pulled out without even removing the dash.

Also, a great feature on the autowatch 446 premuim's is the anti-hijack. Even if you take the keys, in ~45sec you get warning beeps 3 times, then the alarm goes off and the alarm cuts the immobilized points in pulses bringing the car to a stop. You just hide a button somewhere in the car and if you don't press it in the window you have before the alarm goes off it will do the above. Also does the same if you get hijacked... senses the drivers door opened (has to be set up right) and has the same effect as above. Once you enable it, it's easily switched on and off for those times you need to take it to the tyre/panel/mechanics place so they can start it with no issues and you don't have to tell anyone about the secret button.

GL with the car mate, scum should be burnt alive.

there's already a few forums for girls and sissys-

www.wrx.com.au

www.clubwrx.com.au

doommachine

doommachine

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationAdelaide SA
Yeah they did exactly as you said - put the ignition on and push started it. If I can work out how I think I'll include the fuel pump in what the immobiliser does, although woo.. it's like a massive tangle of black wires.

doommachine

doommachine

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationAdelaide SA
Sweet shannons is going to attempt to get Mike Dale to assess if theres any engine damage ! Hopefully he's free, I'd much rather have someone who knows the cars rather than some kmart tyre and auto guy. Excellent.

265T

265T

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
Mike is doing Targa Adelaide & is unavailable till next week

doommachine

doommachine

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationAdelaide SA
It doesn't matter to me, I'd be happy to wait.. should call shannons and let them know in that case. I assume his workshop is stil open/ could receive the car? I'm in no rush, just want someone capable to look at the car, really.

doommachine

doommachine

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationAdelaide SA
So Mike has assessed it.. they ran out of fuel while the turbo was hot, so that's dead, also they smashed my second gear synchro (easy enough to do if you don't care :/ also KM box.). Luckily Shannons approved the repairs !

Atters

Atters

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTownsville
Friggin Savages I tell you.. specially with the fact that VR4, GSR, EVO 1-6.5 are getting like hens teeth I dont know what they think they're going to do with them...cant sell the parts ( I do searches nearly everyday ) just pissn people off, least they could do is just stick to common cars(no offence you commodore driver) but seriously the parts are dime a dozen unlike our loved machines. SAVAGES I TELL YOU!

Liberoz

Liberoz

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts
  • LocationSydney
imho: most car theifes already have buyers for said cars or parts unforchantly there are pleanty of scum bags around to take up the offers on hot evo items,
very rarerly do hot parts end up on public listings for sale sad but true
John
CE9W RIBEROGT RANSAEBO II

RRF | 0Z Racing | RALLI/// ///ART | Sparco | MEEK | Elf | Fujitsubo | Marle Pistons
| HKS-RS Intake | Cusco | Apexi | PUMA | Dia Queen | GIII's | Hibrid III | MMC | GReedy TRUST | Camtech | RECARO| RSEII Spec | RALLIART Options inside | Walbro

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
I just pull my ecu out and take it with me. Good luck to having the same maps as me, and also changed up the ignition plug sequencing, so you would have to know that atleast.

It's good to hear u got it all back, Damm Scum of the earth!
GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users