Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

93 GSR/EVO3/VR4

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
Sounds like a particular maroon gsr i know
GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Lol ^
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

Fugitiv

Fugitiv

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationTas

Nope.  It's closer, but not running yet. 
I stuffed the paint up somehow on the front bar. So i've started on that again.
The 93 is in at the moment, but haven't had her running yet.  so, plans got pushed out.  

Its still happening... slowly as always. lol

Fugitiv

Fugitiv

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationTas

Hello once again ladies,  Its time once again for the Fugitiv lancer saga... being that i seem to work on it once a year i figure i might aswell post about it... 

Well,  the GSR no longer has a 4g63,  I've gone backwards and rebuilt a 4g93 dohc  turbo which originally came out in the CC GSR PURELY so i could register it without any real problems,  and get me to work and back with hopefully some form of reliability...   That last part i really am not holding much hope for but i'll hold SOME hope none the less.

As a bit of a HOLY FUCK IM LAZY moment, i went through some photo's of when i first got the car,  December 2011 i first purchased the yellow turd,  and since then, i've done NOTHING in the car...  as photographic proof of that,  i found a photo from January 2012,  and one i took tonight...  July 2016...  

IMG_0337.jpg

When i first got the car,  late 2011/jan 2012...  

20160702_235756.jpg
^^  That is tonight.  

So,  for the last 6 or so years the car has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!  well,  i have reset the trip meter...  thats a big improvement for 6 years. Lol

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Wow!
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
Sounds familiar
GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
+1. I feel mine spends more time just sitting there than anything else.
"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

jake

jake

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast

Mines been sitting for 6 years as well. Damn life always gets in the way.

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

fark man i've put like 40k on my car i feel so bad now,

yes it's me KHUBNER

Fugitiv

Fugitiv

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationTas

Mines been sitting for 6 years as well. Damn life always gets in the way.

I used to think this was just an excuse... But, i guess the reality is,  you are correct.  Life always gets in the way. 

I can understand why people sell them off...  It's a lot easier to just get rid of whats weighing you down rather than work through it.   Seems normal enough... 

Oh well,  i guess im just stubborn.... everyone needs something to keep pushing them to be better.   Guess for me Its Mitsubishi's.  :)

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Part of the reason i haven't sold mine is i don't want to see anybody else driving it.
"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
I agree. What else are we going to do in our spare time? Or should I say spare spare spare time? I think the car is number 4 on the priority list.

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Your priorities are wrong then baz!

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
It should be #1 lol..

Fugitiv

Fugitiv

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationTas
Well... nothing would give me more pleasure right now than to burn this bloody car to the ground, but then id catch my house on fire aswell, the Mrs didnt go much on that last time i did it.

It fired!!! Once... now nothing.
Issues tonight:

Fuel pump wasnt working- fixed.
Injectors spat fuel everywhere- replaced
Threw some 510s, 609 and e3 ecu at her- popped... once.

I'll have another look tomorrow when im not so annoyed.
20160806_205210.jpg

ted

ted

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • LocationWodonga VIC
My daily struggle! Good luck with it!

Fugitiv

Fugitiv

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationTas
So turns out when you do the timing on a 4g93 you want to make sure the cam's are pointing at the rocker cover timing marks... lol not pointing to each other like 4g63's do.
Lol stupid mistake to make, as i didnt look at the manual, i just went from memory, and failed.
Anyway... finally, it runs with the 510's, 609 maf and big 16g. Seems like i didnt even break anything either so thats a bonus.

Fugitiv

Fugitiv

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationTas

Just to do my regular yearly update,  got it (4g93) running with the e3 gear all through it,  turbo, injectors, maf etc, but its running mad rich, So as plans are to make it a daily, im going to change all that back to stock 93 which is faily counter productive but i do need some sort of fuel economy out of this thing.  

Im not expecting much but quietly hoping for good fuel numbers.  Head's new, Bottom end is rebuilt, so are the injectors and rail, so maybe... just maybe i can see 10l per 100k out of it.  mostly highway driven stock specs are 8.0/100 so maybe...  JUST maybe i'll see 10.0/100.

Oh... and the colour isnt the y77 danelion,  its a GM colour apparently with some metalic through it, but yes,,, it is still yellow Lol...

Edited by Fugitiv, 08 April 2017 - 04:27 AM.

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationPomona, Sunshine Coast, QLD
Chuck a later model ecu in and get the thing tuned properly, then you can have the fuel economy and the better bits :)

Fugitiv

Fugitiv

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationTas

I'd just like to say thank you to all the boys and girls on this forum...  all the information on the server has been invaluable.  

My list of things to do is shrinking by the day, but as always, fix one problem, another one pops up...  cant avoid that now.  

Just FYI to anyone doing stupid things like me and mixing wiring looms from Evo 3 to GLXI to GSR lancers...  just dont do it...  its not worth the headaches.  Air con issues, ABS issues, Tail light issues, Dash light issues...  just dont do it...  lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users