Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vehicle: mitsubishi lancer coupe (gsr converted) (1993)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
welll after a few hours of friggin around i got my clutch pedal back (pivot ball space mod :thumbsup: ) car is now at the panel beater. should have it back tomorow. then all things permitting complianced on friday. yay

yes it's me KHUBNER

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
well this afternoon 4 1/2 hours after it was booked in to be done. the coupe got a blue peice of tin rivited to the door jamb. thats right fellas i got my mods approved. codes la3 and lg2. turbocharger instalation and brake system mod(for gsr size disk conversion).

some complications arrose over the install of the front bar so that still isn't on. it should hopfully be done around monday tuesday then. i'll be doing laps up and down the goldy to run in the motor. so that i can have it ready for test and tunes and perhaps the revamped pheonix lights(used to be all dunny dore now been extended to all makes and models) i'm looking forward to driving this thing ALOT!

on a side note holy mother of torque steer! i mustv'e looked like a drunk on smith st today cause i gave it the boot and switched between 2 lanes like a mad man. and made my brother the dare devil grab the oh shit handles. after i took my foot of the accelerator he promptly approved.

yes it's me KHUBNER

ted

ted

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • LocationWodonga VIC
Congrats man!!! This is obviously your first turbo FWD lol you'll get use to it or crash trying hahaha

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
yeah first turbo fwd. i can only describe it as torque steer car felt very floaty.

yes it's me KHUBNER

ted

ted

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • LocationWodonga VIC
Hahaha you will get use to it, knowing your throttle positions will become second nature. lol

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
yeah not nailing the throttle beyond 3.5k when i'm in no real hurry is going to be the biggest learning point. up until recently if i wanted to get away from trafic at the lights quickly i'd go upto around 5-6k now it more like 3.5 before the car decides well if you wanted to go quickly why didn't you say so

yes it's me KHUBNER

DIESTI

DIESTI

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
When i had the orange coupe it did the same but after i put in a cusco 1-way lsd in it pulled straight and wouldnt torque steer across 2 lanes.. Oh and it would leave nice 2 lines up the street :)

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
whats the damage on one of those?

yes it's me KHUBNER

ted

ted

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • LocationWodonga VIC
Not cheap!! Aldo dropped a quaife torsen LSD in mine!!

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
Name: mitsubishi lancer coupe (gsr converted) (1993)
Date Added: 28 June 2011 - 06:12 PM
Owner: khubner1
Short Description: my silver cc lancer coupe fondly knicknamed the silver bullet

View Vehicle

Edited by khubner1, 28 June 2011 - 11:10 AM.

yes it's me KHUBNER

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
link to build thread to date.
http://www.4gtuner.c...-silver-bullet/

continues below

more delays with the front bar it was to wide by almost 2 inches so was never going to sit right. so bar has been choped and shortened to fit. i think my pannel beater is starting to hate me. every job i bring in isn't a simple job or as simple as he thinks it will be until i arrive.

add into the mix that my paint is damn near impossible to match makes for one confuzzled pannel beater.

Edited by khubner1, 28 June 2011 - 07:29 AM.

yes it's me KHUBNER

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
well my coupe is finaly home after yet another delay at the pannel beater (tinting mishap). it's finaly home a conversion i hoped to complete in 2-3 weeks has taken me almost 2 months. but alas i digress i am quite happy having done most of the work myself and feel proud of my ride even if it isn't to the tastes of others. i can happily say it's my car and that i built it.

soon to be added are evo side skirts and evo rear pods to complete the kit. (i have a thought patern of how to make plastic ones but don't have a mould to work with) so they'll be bught in fibreglass trial fitted. and then used as a posetive for a mould before being fitted to the car (once funds allow). and a re apholstering of the rear seats to match the m21 recaros.

once thats done i'll just enjoy driving the car for a while until either the power bug bites extreamely hard. or something gives way.. my younger brother has the camera in new zealand atm so photos/video will be up soon will. then i'll probably start a build/resto thread for his coupe.

i think we'll be known as the lancer brothers around the street since me and BOTH of my younger brothers all drive mitsy lancers!. 2 cc coupes silve, red. and a blue cb hatch.

i'd like to thank everyone for their kind words, support, PARTS!, and advice.

yes it's me KHUBNER

EVL20T

EVL20T

AWD 4G63T POWAH!

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
LOL bit like me and Rob :P
------------ 4GTUNER STICKERS - CLICK HERE ------------

EVL20T3_zps8f8e63a1.png
------------------------- 4G63T AWD COUPE -------------------------
----------------------- WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET -----------------------

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
finnaly new pictures in the garage. of as she sits

yes it's me KHUBNER

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
well today marks the begining of stage 3. AWD!

yes it's me KHUBNER

ONPSI

ONPSI

10 second monster

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
haha knew you would do it..guess you got the go ahead from the parents to store more parts..? seen you the other day turning off napper rd onto captain cook dr
FORBIDDEN PERFORMANCE
0433 245 136
Rides:
'95 Genuine Evo III - 310kw - 11.2 @ 129mph SOLD
'95 Lancer GSR - 340kw - 10.8 @ 129mph SOLD

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
not exactly the old man wasn't too happy when he saw the shell. and the old lady has given me orders to have the shell gone asap. so i'll spend tomorow unbolting the subframe shock shafts etc just trying to find an figure out how much of the rear end i need. good thing is i have a spare coupe i can cut up as a dry run!

(i also have a set of gsr skirts and aircon fan boxes if anyone wants them! missing the drivers side front end cap)

links and offers of help much appreciated!

yeah you have a shop out that way right? i as probably about to give it some stick aswell!

Edited by khubner1, 26 January 2012 - 10:22 AM.

yes it's me KHUBNER

Mister_Resister

Mister_Resister

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
Good work with the shell haha
all good dont need too much of em really
atleast someones using the shell my yards lookin a bit empty now had that for ages haha

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

ok it's been a while since the last update. the awd is in and complete
IMG_0338_zps5dec5c50.jpg

IMG_0339_zps2efe92c7.jpg

kyleevocpe012_zps9aa0d00c.jpg
IMG_0332_zps0d2ca1f9.jpg
IMG_0331_zps6d94578f.jpg

then i went to wtac and killed the 4g93T. so decided hey why not build what i was looking to build from the begining the 4g93MT (mivec turbo)
built with 4g93 sohc block
4g92 mivec head
4g93T turbo manifold sump and evo 16g turbo
controlled by haltech ps1000

1000cc injectors and a walbro 400lph pump

IMG_0559_zpsbfee8e23.jpg

IMG_0673_zps3a3b8a58.jpg

IMG_0685_zpsa9166fd0.jpg

IMG_0679_zps027e931e.jpg

IMG_0566_zps7426d487.jpg

IMG_0590_zps6460c5e2.jpg

power chart @10psi and bad ign coils making tune very very hard
dynographhtech_zps5efb1703.png

future mods
e85 flex

20psi boost

yes it's me KHUBNER

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Nice power curve, must feel great on the throttle.
"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users