Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

jumbuck gsr ftw!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
gearbox is coming apart, bought a gsr box that needs a rebuild, only for the gear case and end cover. it actually doesnt look too bad inside. it has worn synchros on second, and fourth needs better inspection, but the dog teeth look pretty good and even the intermediate shaft bearings look pretty good. if i can get another case and cover it would be worth doing up.
just about to open other box to investigate it.
thanks to brian for the use of his gearbox holder from the other week.
cheers
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

EVL JUM

EVL JUM

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationPerth SOR

gearbox is coming apart, bought a gsr box that needs a rebuild, only for the gear case and end cover. it actually doesnt look too bad inside. it has worn synchros on second, and fourth needs better inspection, but the dog teeth look pretty good and even the intermediate shaft bearings look pretty good. if i can get another case and cover it would be worth doing up.
just about to open other box to investigate it.
thanks to brian for the use of his gearbox holder from the other week.
cheers

haha damn if i knew that i would of kept it :D

website_banner.jpg

AKA: 1JUM2NV

Daily: 2012 Isuzu D-Max 4x4
Weekender/Project: 04 Jumolution - Jumbuck Evolution 3 13.003 sec with 256hp FWD now AWD! Fully LIC'D under going heaps of changes!!
2nd Project: 1.8L AWD DRAG COUPE

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
hey ben, intermediate bearings need replacing too, if you give me a dead case, i can get you a cheap rebuilt gearbox. i have no issues selling your box back to you rebuilt. lol

my box is short some spacers, chasing:
1.4 to 1.48mm input shaft spacers and,
1.83 to 1.88mm intermediate spacers.

i know inter doesnt come that thick, but we can double them up.

just going to smash this box together with good preloads and use it as i have the other gerbox to rebuild at leisure, i know that inter shaft bearings should be replaced to shorten the shims to preload it correctly, but i will gamble it.
(i will spew if i break it and find out the bearings are 10 bucks each)
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
had a change of heart and will be buying the bearings for input and inter shafts.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Thank you Your order was placed successfully.
You've just purchased this
1x Output Seal

1x Input Seal

1x CV Seal Output - Pass Side

1x CV Seal Output - Driver Side
1x Input end bearing TOP

1x Input end bearing

1x End Bearing TOP

1x End Bearing
1x Synchro ring

was 180ish posted from jacks transmissions. maybe here next week, i hope

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
well i got the front converted to 114.3 stud pattern, utilizing tr magna front hubs with the corresponding spline count. no problems, used the magna front discs as well as they are the same diameter as the ute ones. all easy.
only issue is the 18x7 rims with tyres are to big and hit the bottom of strut, so we have steely 15" magna rims on front for now till we can sort it out.
the only differances are that proton have a different sized grease seal on the hub, but we used that seal ok on the magna stubs.
brakes are still improving as the rust wears off the old discs.

pics next week
cheers

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
in the process of redrilling the rears now. going for 5x100 as rims are multifit. should have dicked about a bit more and gone to 5x114 to match fronts, but too late now. biggest hassle is that i am changing studs to wrx as i have the nuts to suit my rims, but the splined area at the base of the studs are fatter than the jummy ones, and require larger holes. guess what, i have 13mm drill and its too tight for the studs to pull in, and i couldnt get 14mm at bunnings last night, so got 9/16 which is too big. may have to drill at 13mm and file finish them. didnt have issues on the front tho, either different studs front and rear for wrx, or magna studs are fatter than jummy ones.
nearly done though, knock it off in the morning.

got a set of wrx front coilovers left over from old ride for the front of the ute, just gotta change the holes to mount the knuckle and drill the holes at the top of tower to suit three stud. also gotta see how to reduce the steering lock so rims dont hit the chassis rail. its probably in the rack

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
still waiting for gearbox bearings too. tracking says they in mexico for a week already? glad im not needing these urgent

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
  • LocationBrisbane - Southside
Mexico?? Nothing from the US ever goes through Mexico on it's way here.
I'd be calling Jack to check up on it mate.

Tim
Dsmlink V3 + E85 :drool: 11.37 @ 131.46 ... still more in her

Remember Kids... Google does not equal research!

Magnus
How much time do you spend in a parking lot with your performance car? If you do a lot of parking lot driving, and hang out in parking lots, chances are you are a ricer, go home and read import tuner. If you’re complaining about noise you should not be modifying your car. You should also consider no longer being a man, please hand in your genitals at the door.

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA
I got some pistons and rods out of the US...they spent a few days in CHINA!

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
progress so far. got rear rims fitted and converted to 5 stud.
fronts are 5 stud too, but rims rub in a few spots so using magna 15" steelies for now

sent message to jack and usps regards bearings, waiting for reply

having issues uploading pics and external linking too. pics to follow...

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
jacks ute.jpg

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
USPS say that my bearings ended up on the wrong pallet and were sent to mexico by accident. they will redirect and i will get them soon.
hooray

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
gearbox parts are on the move again, this time in the right direction too.
without the mess up, prob would have made it in 2 weeks

Detailed Results:

Bullet Out of Foreign Customs, April 03, 2011, 3:05 pm, AUSTRALIA
Bullet Into Foreign Customs, April 03, 2011, 2:56 pm, AUSTRALIA
Bullet Arrived Abroad, April 03, 2011, 2:55 pm, AUSTRALIA
Bullet Arrived Abroad, March 15, 2011, 10:14 pm, MEXICO
Bullet Into Foreign Customs, March 15, 2011, 10:00 pm, MEXICO
Bullet Arrived Abroad, March 15, 2011, 9:59 pm, MEXICO
Bullet International Dispatch, March 14, 2011, 5:08 am, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
Bullet Arrival
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, March 10, 2011, 11:22 pm, COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80910
Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, March 09, 2011

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
bearing arrived, also sold the wrx motor, box and diff that was sitting around, so was a good day alround

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
busy day in the shed. got all gearbox bits fitted. bit of messing around with pushing bearings on and off, but all good.
shims i ended up needing were 1mm on input (which i had) and .7 for inter, so had a few hours hand filing a shim down to the needed thickness. i superglued it to a bearing shell so i had something to hang on to, and filed it down close, then neatened it up with a coarse then fine stone. no worries there, just time consuming

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
another busy day, gearbox is complete and ready to go.
engine i finished stripping and plastiguaged the mains and big ends, all within tolerances.
i got a bottom end rebuild gasket set from the us for about $30 shipped, it has sump, oil pump, rear housing, front and rear seals, oil pump oring and a couple of water pipe orings. i see that the manual suggests that you dont use gaskets, but to use sealant. still need the rest of the stuff though. is missing the turbo drain gaskets and the pickup gasket, so will cut these myself.
have reassembled crank and rods, ready to bolt oil pump and crank seals, and sump.
also painted block and oil pan.
all in all a good day.

lest we forget.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
got the bottom end finished, so i need to bolt the head on now, but alas i must return to work for a couple of days. tbc..

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
have had a pretty good run lately. got the front tyres and rims on, got some 215/35/18 and they dont rub at all. rolled rear lips and pulled liners, that fixed rears rubbing.
motor all bolted together, head, manifolds etc. ported exhaust a bit and turbo exhaust manifold to remove ridge and match to gasket.
turbo needs new compressor wheel and rebuild, so ordered parts for it.
pulled loom that has been cut with oxy near the brake booster and fixed that. needed 17 odd wires spliced and new plug and wires for wipers, repin of plug on chassis rail. thanks to my mate adam for his help and constant refills of the beer mug and continuing as i pour over the wiring diagrams to find what wires go where.

also grabbed a hyundai sonata twin cam head for dreaming of a 2.4 twincammer for the ute after the 1.8 is going.
pics to follow

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
turbo bits have arrived

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users