Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

jumbuck gsr ftw!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
hi all, i have a jumbuck that i bought from a hail damaged auction, it was a porche workshop runabout and had a full vinyl wrap advertising on it. once i got that off, i tinted windows, added CAI, dvd, steering wheel, couple amps, bass tube and wrx seats.
i have a set of 18" rims for it, that have now been powdercoated, but i need to go 5 stud to get them on.
next i bought a smashed cc gsr lancer as a parts donor, as i would like to put the 4g93t, awd box and every thing else that fits into the ute. unfortunately there is heaps of damaged stuff in the gsr so i am going to need help to make this happen.
ute 800x600.JPG
can anyone help me with a gsr kframe?

Edited by jack of all, 30 July 2011 - 09:51 AM.

4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA

hi all, i have a jumbuck that i bought from a hail damaged auction, it was a porche workshop runabout and had a full vinyl wrap advertising on it. once i got that off, i tinted windows, added CAI, dvd, steering wheel, couple amps, bass tube and wrx seats.
i have a set of 18" rims for it, that have now been powdercoated, but i need to go 5 stud to get them on.
next i bought a smashed cc gsr lancer as a parts donor, as i would like to put the 4g93t, awd box and every thing else that fits into the ute. unfortunately there is heaps of damaged stuff in the gsr so i am going to need help to make this happen.
ute 800x600.JPG
can anyone help me with a gsr kframe?

Hi and welcome.

may I suggest at this early stage of your conversion.....sell the 4g93 and do an evo 123 motor.

re the k frame I might have one....but will need to look in the shed

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
+1 to the above... In saying that though, there's nothin wrong with the 93t, it will still be an awesome upgrade from what's in it now!!!
Makes it pretty simple having a donor car to rob all the bits off but- which I'm guessing is why your using the 93t...
Good luck with it, it's definately worth the effort!!
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
when i pull the head on weekend i will know what to do, if i can fix motor for less than a grand i will use it for sure. if pistons are smashed i will throw the motor and get the biggun. either way having all the other stuff from the wreck will get me far along the road for either engine.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
either way i am better off fixing 93, as its worth more with good compression and in running order

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
head is off, not everything is good, but it isnt too bad.
DSC01616.JPG
cylinder 4, little valve kisses.
DSC01617.JPG
cylinder 1, little kisses too.
DSC01618.JPG
cylinder 3, example of hone marks evident in all bores
DSC01619.JPG
broken engine mount bolts
DSC01620.JPG
broken gearbox end case
DSC01621.JPG
bent hard gearbox mount, can also see broken bit of gearbox mount lug
DSC01622.JPG
dont think k frame mount is ment to be this bent
SAM_0023.JPG
rear cut already sold and shipped to nsw for a lucky conversion

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
$285 for top overhaul kit from repco! ive seen them around this price and heard of others paying the $300 mark, but they seem to be hard to get much cheaper. my wrx full kit was $68 from usa. pity i cant find one from there, plenty of sohc ones there.
what about timing belts, what should we be paying for them?

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA

$285 for top overhaul kit from repco! ive seen them around this price and heard of others paying the $300 mark, but they seem to be hard to get much cheaper. my wrx full kit was $68 from usa. pity i cant find one from there, plenty of sohc ones there.
what about timing belts, what should we be paying for them?

to be able to to run 14 pound and stay reliable. use some 3sgte head studs and a later model 4g93 head gasket...later models are mls.

if you choose to rebuild the bottom end....the cheapest I found for rods and pistons were K1 technology rods and wiseco package. then you can get the bosst right up and wont bend the rods. rods in these are a weak area..

I can also get the gaskets for you.....I will be buying some myself next week for a forged engine I am building.

cheers brian

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
i coming to see you brian before the weekend is out, cheers for input

youda

youda

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationTownsville
http://www.kerzan.co...s__and__Lifters
full head vrs kit. all up should be about $170 delivered. i have already ordered on e and this is the correct kit for a 4g93t. also it uses the 3 layer metal head gasket. contains all gaskets including the tappet cover and half moon seal.
Dane and Daves dodgy deals and rare spares.
Oil lights are like oven alarms......they tell you when it's cooked
Green GSR.......sold VR4 AMG........sold Grey GSR still under the house.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
this one? awesome!
Part No DT891
Make Mitsubishi
Model 4G93K DOHC 16V
Description Head Gasket Set
Year 93-95
CC 1834

EVL JUM

EVL JUM

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationPerth SOR
nice to see another jumbuck in perth getting done up... if you need any help with anything.. pm me.. ive done the 1.8 proton motor before and now the evo motor and now soon to be awd

website_banner.jpg

AKA: 1JUM2NV

Daily: 2012 Isuzu D-Max 4x4
Weekender/Project: 04 Jumolution - Jumbuck Evolution 3 13.003 sec with 256hp FWD now AWD! Fully LIC'D under going heaps of changes!!
2nd Project: 1.8L AWD DRAG COUPE

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
hi ben, i been looking at your posts, and everyone who looks at my ute always mentions your ute and you. you seem to have quite a reputation (good only), am looking forward to meeting up and shooting the breeze. cheers

MISGSR

MISGSR

I wanna go fast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationSudnee
are you on the jumbuck yahoo group? Lots of the guys on there. My BF has a jumbuck (GUM83E). So if you have any q's :)

http://au.groups.yah.../group/Jumbuck/
Cheque it :) Chequered Flag Photography and more pics at www.facebook.com/ChequeredFlagPhotography
Members ride thread
4G93T TD05 14B organic clutch OLD suspension - needs moar pounds and 15" wheels
Posted Image

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
bron, yea i in the yahoo group, vk2yg is real helpful too, will look your mate up,
thanks jack

back at work for the week, so not much will happen till weekend
cheers

EVL JUM

EVL JUM

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationPerth SOR

hi ben, i been looking at your posts, and everyone who looks at my ute always mentions your ute and you. you seem to have quite a reputation (good only), am looking forward to meeting up and shooting the breeze. cheers

that is great to hear... I love feedback like that :D

yeah will have to meet up in the future, if you do need help the offer is there..

Also the jumbuck forums are pretty good.. neil has undergone the GSR convo, he loves it

I'm on there, but i dont get on much anymore dew to work etc

Also i just read.. i have a gsr box that needs a rebuild if you want that.. i see you car chasing covers etc.. pm me if your interested

Edited by 1JUM2NV, 11 January 2011 - 01:27 PM.

website_banner.jpg

AKA: 1JUM2NV

Daily: 2012 Isuzu D-Max 4x4
Weekender/Project: 04 Jumolution - Jumbuck Evolution 3 13.003 sec with 256hp FWD now AWD! Fully LIC'D under going heaps of changes!!
2nd Project: 1.8L AWD DRAG COUPE

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
a weekend dedicated to doing other stuff, putting fans in the house (with an electrician of course). although i ordered the gaskets and head studs, and got the x member and evo intercooler and piping, thanks to Evodad and Benozi. so wasnt a dead loss. we got some time off over australia day, and i hope i can get a couple of good days in.
also got a gtech, and in first and only trial the ute got a sparkling 18.3s quarter time. wasnt trying real hard, with a bit of practice i reckon we can get low 17s out of it. LOOK OUT PESKY HOLDONS AND FYORDS, IMA COMIN. WOO HOO.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Sent you an email regarding the engine mount your after.....
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts

http://www.kerzan.co.nz/listing.php?subCategory=Engine__Gaskets,__Headbolts__and__Lifters
full head vrs kit. all up should be about $170 delivered. i have already ordered on e and this is the correct kit for a 4g93t. also it uses the 3 layer metal head gasket. contains all gaskets including the tappet cover and half moon seal.

ended up being NZ$238 including 55 freight to perth. still cheaper and better (mls head gasket) than the repco ones.
as an edit, this converts to AU$184 plus couple of percent for credit card transaction, so youda, you are on the money and a bloody champion

Edited by jack of all, 17 January 2011 - 10:20 AM.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
that looks like the one Jamo, emailed back

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users