Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Do you like rally, 4x4, motorbikes, mountain biking, hiking, and so on?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

jase

jase

Ye Olde Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337,374 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA
Mt Crawford, Kuitpo, Cromer, Bundaleer, Wirrabara, Cudlee Creek (aka Fox Creek), Kangarilla, not to mention Mt Gambier forests and so on are up for auction.

If you like rally, 4x4, mountain biking, motorbiking, camping, hiking, diving (! http://www.forestry.sa.gov.au/se.stm), sled dogging, horse riding, or just plain old driving to a forest with some lunch, having a fire and a chat, this is important.

ForestrySA give us some pretty good deals with land usage, but if this land gets sold off or even leased to a private buyer, it is cheaper to minimise recreational land access than to worry about maintaining the forests to a standard that will ensure safety for recreational users.

Granted this is just my take on the whole thing - there will be economical issues for many Adelaide Hills towns as a result of this, not to mention major issues for Mt Gambier.

Long story short? Register your support here:

http://www.dontpriva...aforests.com.au

If you are in or around the city on the 24th of November, consider rocking up to the protest rally.

rob323

rob323

Don't drive it, RALLY it!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts
  • LocationJoyner, Brisbane.
Oh crap, it's happening down there too hey? We still have use of our forests at present, but who knows for how much longer and how hard they make it for us. Just another stupid move by the government to help increase unemployment.
Chrome hater No. 1.
Former owner of the pair of ass kicking boots for purchasers of cheap ebay chinese knock off turbos. - Ass kicking boots now for sale SOLD.

VR4 - the "Old Skool" evo!

jase

jase

Ye Olde Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337,374 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA
Yeah it's pretty sad and shortsighted. There seems to be a lot of people against it in SA, so hopefully it doesn't go through.

MR 1JZ

MR 1JZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationAustralia
I actually went to a focus group for this...from what I can gather they are trying to establish the dollar value on non revenue generating areas of the forests...hopefully we dont get phisted and lose them!

have registered support!
http://evolutionoz.net : a forum where you are always entitled to your own view or opinion, but only if it matches exactly word for word that of the administrators and moderators
Evo 5
Weightless7 the most awesomest rally driver in the world

dafurn

dafurn

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
Thats absolute crap! Registered my support.

Gooch

Gooch

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • LocationBallarat, Vic
This has always been the problem Too much land not enough money to servIce it.

What you should be doing is trying to get those big ARSE companies like Fox, GIANT, MITSUBISHI to purchase the land so that they could make a great tourist attraction out of it.

I have leant my support but unfortunately its about cost I think. and those Idiots whose percieved ability does not match their actual abilities and end up litigating because of their stupidity- they ruin it for everyone.

I hope people support it but you would be better off creating a facebook page for those big companies to purchase the area with a plan to go forward like Glentrees or any of those Canadian parks that you have worked for.

GL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users