Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Air intake

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Gianni

Gianni

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
What a good set up for air intKe on ggsr. I currently have k&n air filter attatched to airflow meter and then silicon hose to throttle body. I wanna get the most out of it. What good to do :)
Gianni

rob323

rob323

Don't drive it, RALLY it!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts
  • LocationJoyner, Brisbane.
That is fine on an NA motor. No point doing anything else unless there are some bends you can get rid of and you are keeping radiant heat away from the intake.
Chrome hater No. 1.
Former owner of the pair of ass kicking boots for purchasers of cheap ebay chinese knock off turbos. - Ass kicking boots now for sale SOLD.

VR4 - the "Old Skool" evo!

Gianni

Gianni

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Does position of airflow meter make much difference. Like what if I moved it closser to the throttle body
Gianni

rob323

rob323

Don't drive it, RALLY it!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts
  • LocationJoyner, Brisbane.
In theory, closer is better (slightly less ecu lag). I don't know if anyone has tried this in practice though. Some air flow meters don't like being too close to the throttle body (ie. less than 100mm) due to pressure back waves when the butterfly snaps shut.
But getting it closer might also make it more difficult to enclose the pod and get cold air to it which I reckon would be more beneficial on a highly tuned motor than having the afm close to the throttle body.
Chrome hater No. 1.
Former owner of the pair of ass kicking boots for purchasers of cheap ebay chinese knock off turbos. - Ass kicking boots now for sale SOLD.

VR4 - the "Old Skool" evo!

Gianni

Gianni

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Oh Kay. Man there are so many theories to it aye. I was wondering coz I had a thought. That if the airflow meter was closer to the throttle body it'll give a more accurate reading as to the air going in. Also new more bends in the pipe cause less air. But bends can also create a whistle too
Gianni

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users