Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

who wants to upgrade their ecmlite{e123/gsr} to the full version

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

dsm2evo

dsm2evo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationcanada

thats really to bad and I hope that is not the case, I have used ecmlink since it was still called dsmlink. It is a fantastic program and software. I really hope something can be done because I dont really want to go full stand alone ecu but if I have to I will. My other option is swapping in a 2g ecu but again not really something I want to do.

mtking

mtking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Locationgold coast

he's not doing shit on the evo ecu maybe the evo 8 ecu seen a lot of usa boys getting in to it now has some work 

thats y i went 2g easy as to wire it in swap some pins 

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
I had stuff all experience with wiring, soldering or pinouts prior to swapping out to an E6 ecu. Took me all of maybe 2 hrs for a completed job with everything working well.
Worth it, in my opinion at least.

twdorris

twdorris

ECMTuning, Inc.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFrederick, MD - USA

Yeah, sorry, we've STILL not done anything on the full version for EVO1-3 ECUs.  Part of the problem, of course, is market size but that's not a big issue.  The biggest is that the EVO1-3 ECU is really *very* limited in I/O.  It's even worse than the 1G DSMs, which are seriously limited as well.  Porting full ECMLink to the EVO1-3 ECU is just hard to justify on those grounds alone.  I guess the stuff like expanded fuel and timing limits and boost control and ethanol sensor support...yeah, I guess that all makes sense.  But the biggest limitation people run into with ECMLink is the lack of logging inputs and the EVO1-3 ECU is the worst of the worst on that front.

Still...I guess I listed enough stuff above that would be a net win in having full anyway even without more logging inputs.  You can still run SD and use programmable outputs for whatever and run an ethanol sensor, etc.  I guess it makes sense but then I haven'd had time to release any big updates to our main DSM product in a few years much less switch over to debugging a different platform again.  And the last (small) update I did do for ECMLink ended up being a debugging nightmare because each version (1G, 2G, lite, full, Evo1-3) had a few little unique quirks that I didn't catch in testing.  So the thought of trying to port a big batch of code over to a different ECU does scare me a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users