Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New forum skin/software bugs and issues

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

jase

jase

Ye Olde Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337,374 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA

Just noticed another weird error.

Probably not of real concern, but if you click on a categories name, either within a thread, or in the forum index, it gives the following:
[#103139] You do not have permission to view this forum.
Yet... I do... :unsure:

LOL that is ridiculous. I'll check it out.

Dan /// Astron Boy

Dan /// Astron Boy

Mine goes off-road

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus
Notifications when you start a conversation (PM)
If you click on the take me to all notifications and then on one of the links

[#10229] We could not determine which message you were attempting to view.

RIP: 1996 RVR SSG Auto.
Great memories on the road, and off.
From Diamonds to Stars.

Velocity Racing

Velocity Racing

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA
when i look at the forum on IE6.0 (at work) the layout is very strange.. the is a blank colum on the left, the avatar and user names on every post is in the middle and the post its self is on the right..

looks fine at home on the newer version..

visit- www.velocityracing.net.au!

OFFON-4

OFFON-4

Nothing Under 35psi!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
I can't even look at the forum at work... When I try to bring up the page it still under old format and has message that it's still being upgraded. But I can log on from iPhone which is strange???

GSRSOL

GSRSOL

Bird Nerd

• Administrators
  • 8,319 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Same with me Dave. At work on the desktop PC, and at my house on the desktop PC, I can only see the old forum board which is closed.

If I jump on my latop with telstra USB internet I can see the new forum with no issues (using latest firefox browser).

Im on the work laptop now, with telstra internet, and browsing using IE8, and the layout is being strange - I have drop down menus which are sticking, and the chat feature wont work. I think with older versions of IE people may be having issues as well?
Dan | Melbourne | 1994 CD5A / CE9A / E39A bastard child
special thanks to - TRIKFAB | Tropic Motors | Springy Motors

marinetowing

marinetowing

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationTas
Yes seems to be the case Dan, with IE 6.0 the pages don't seem to load properly and the menus freeze. With firefox 3.6.8 everything runs fine.
93 4G63 GSR LANCER
2010 Triton GLXR Turbo Diesel & ADM TME Tarmac rally car
Many thanks to my sponsors.... TASSAL, DOVER GOLF CLUB, IVAN@X3E MOTORSPORTS & PLASTIC FABRICATIONS/PRARIE GRAPHICS

If a dog's tail is still wagging, then how can that be rape?

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Ahah.... thats the reason then. At work my avatars start 1/3 the way across the page and yes, it is running IE6 too. I tohught it was a resolution problem.
Here's a screenshot.

Attached Thumbnails

• example ie6.JPG

AWD. 2 Litre. GTX3076R 0.82.
330kw atw @ 28psi 98 pump fuel.

372kw atw @ 28psi E85 Flexfuel.
EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

OFFON-4

OFFON-4

Nothing Under 35psi!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Isi it fixable....? I hate being at work and not being able to jump on at work LoL

GSRSOL

GSRSOL

Bird Nerd

• Administrators
  • 8,319 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
It will work shortly Dave.

Im on here from home now, couldnt do it yesterday!

hopefully i can get on at work tomorrow B)
Dan | Melbourne | 1994 CD5A / CE9A / E39A bastard child
special thanks to - TRIKFAB | Tropic Motors | Springy Motors

to4garret

to4garret

Uses thread locker.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts
  • LocationPerth, WA
funny i cant access the forum at work either.

i think its a conspiracy, as it seems a few people cant visit the forum from their work computers. maybe its something to make us work more?
HID stands for "High Intensity Discharge", or if you dont adjust them properly, "Hi I'm a Dickhead".

to4garret

to4garret

Uses thread locker.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts
  • LocationPerth, WA
oh yea, are email notifications not enable atm either?
HID stands for "High Intensity Discharge", or if you dont adjust them properly, "Hi I'm a Dickhead".

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Still having my original Iphone problem of it loading a lite version?????? Maybe I spoke too soon.....
Oh and the time is wrong for me on the forum...Anyone else having this prob? its one hour ahead of time

Edited by jamo-gsr, 05 August 2010 - 11:29 AM.

[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

Dan /// Astron Boy

Dan /// Astron Boy

Mine goes off-road

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus
I'll chirp in about one thing.

In regards to your work not being able to view the forum and still seeing the old forum is from your companies ISP.
It will eventually refresh, took mine 24hrs..

Jase advised me this the day the forum went up, advised a full cache, history, cookie clearing and see if that helps.

edit: and yeah, forum is one hour ahead actually. general setting need to be changed?
Edit2: Weird, if I look in the index, time of posting is correct, but look in the forum itself and it says 1hr ahead :S

Edited by Dan /// Astron Boy, 05 August 2010 - 12:26 PM.

RIP: 1996 RVR SSG Auto.
Great memories on the road, and off.
From Diamonds to Stars.

jase

jase

Ye Olde Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337,374 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA
I am looking into fixing a lot of the small bugs, however for those of you who can't view everything, or view it properly, it could be numerous things.

Since we have changed webhosts, it can take some time for your ISP to update to the new ones. That's why some people could see the forum immediately, some of you still can't, some can see at work but at home it doesn't work, etc.

What I suggest in the mean time is clearing your cookies, your browsing cache or "Temporary Internet Files", etc.

Regarding things like email notifications, etc. These are all user set preferences.. If you go into your user control panel you should be able to set them. If you don't have any luck, let me know.

jase

jase

Ye Olde Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337,374 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA
Also re: IE6. This template is CSS compliant meaning it won't work perfectly with IE6. I'll look into a solution though.

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Can I just make a point of saying this now...

I've spent the last 5 or so days getting very little sleep and working to make this forum better for all of you.

I don't expect that everyone likes the design, after running the technical side of this forum for something like 5 years now, along with many other communities, I've found that it is impossible to please everyone all of the time.

However, I expect that if you want to criticise my efforts, you keep it constructive. Comments like the above are useless, and if I wanted to be generous and cater to your wants, I have absolutely no way of doing that. It gives me absolutely nothing to work on.

Sorry man, I wasn't having a go at your work, I do appreciate what you moderators do to keep the forum going. I was a bit frustrated with the new setup and trying to find my way around - I guess I just vented a bit too early and as you said, not very constructively.
"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Any idea where the other members rides has gone??

jase

jase

Ye Olde Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337,374 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA

Sorry man, I wasn't having a go at your work, I do appreciate what you moderators do to keep the forum going. I was a bit frustrated with the new setup and trying to find my way around - I guess I just vented a bit too early and as you said, not very constructively.

No worries man, I just wanted to get in early before everyone hated on the small things. :)

I understand it's a pain in the ass to learn where to get to your PM's, where to edit your profile, etc. I have no intention of doing anything but upgrading this current forum for quite some time now, so hopefully if you can all learn your way around Invision Power Board (what we are currently using), you won't need to learn anything else for quite some time.

Baz, as mentioned, we'll send out some PM's soon. Apologies, just many many gremlins to sort out right now!

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
No worries Jase,

also, any chance of getting our old community threads back in some form?
We had some good info in there...

Overall I like it Jase!

jase

jase

Ye Olde Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337,374 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA

No worries Jase,

also, any chance of getting our old community threads back in some form?
We had some good info in there...

Overall I like it Jase!

Yeah it's in the pipeline Baz.. There's a lot that I've been meaning to do for a long time, so the idea is to tie up some loose ends in the next few weeks and get this place nice and tidied up..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users