Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Demo videos

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

twdorris

twdorris

ECMTuning, Inc.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFrederick, MD - USA
We're putting together a few demos of how to use the ECMLink application. We're going to start with the basic functionality (navigation, selections, captured values, preferences, etc.), but we'll probably also add a few "case studies" where we walk through the thought process and procedures for identifying a few sample problems.

I wanted to get the first one out early just to get some feedback. Let me know what you think and if you have any idea on what you'd like to see in the future.

http://www.ecmtuning...navigation.html

Thomas Dorris

twdorris

twdorris

ECMTuning, Inc.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
Here's another:

http://www.ecmtuning...selections.html

Thomas Dorris
ECMTuning, Inc.

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA
very useful Tom, keep em coming mate.

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

twdorris

twdorris

ECMTuning, Inc.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
Thanks. The next will be a really basic tuning example just showing how to find the appropriate cells and make adjustments, etc.

Thomas Dorris

twdorris

twdorris

ECMTuning, Inc.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
Here's a really basic tuning example. It's more about application usage and less about tuning, but who knows...maybe someone will pick up a tip or two from it anyway.

http://www.ecmtuning.../basictune.html

Thomas Dorris

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
Tom, for the benifit of the old blokes out there ....like me!

once Ive made the changes in the Data log......is there a simple way of reloading this to the ecu?

BRIAN

twdorris

twdorris

ECMTuning, Inc.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

once Ive made the changes in the Data log......is there a simple way of reloading this to the ecu?

Can you give me an example? I don't follow what you're doing yet.

If you're making changes to the ECU Config or Direct Access areas, you can just hit the "copy all to ECU" button at the bottom. Those (and captured values) are the only things in the application that are actually saved off to the ECU.

Changes to the datalog screen itself are just stored on your laptop. So if you're making changes there and you want those to be "remembered", you'll need to check the "save as defaults" button once you've changed them or you can right click in the graph and select "set all defaults".

Thomas Dorris

kenm55

kenm55

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSouth of the River, Perth Western Australia
I can help you out there bro down the bottom of the "tmngMaxOct" table that we were looking at is a button" copy to ECU" I made the changes that we were talking about and hit the button It wrote the changes to the ECU and going out now to do another pull and see if i cured that knock on the EVO 1....

Tom thanks for that last Video its was just what we needed. These tutorial video's are excellent
thanks once again for the fantastic support for your product :thumbsup:

twdorris

twdorris

ECMTuning, Inc.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

going out now to do another pull and see if i cured that knock on the EVO 1....

Figuring out where you can pull a few degrees to get rid of knock retard isn't too bad. Just keep in mind that there may be areas where you can increase advance to get a little more power without knocking. There's not much in your logs that will highlight those areas for you. Those are the "trial and error" tuning changes.

I personally just drop the EVO8 tables in and tune from there. It seems to be a good base almost regardless of the car's setup.

Thomas Dorris

kenm55

kenm55

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSouth of the River, Perth Western Australia
Thanks Tom
I used the EVO 8 setup to begin with but when i did a run I noticed a couple of areas that showed( 4 deg!) knock so have gone in and retarded the timing a bit in those areas.
The great thing is that even an old bloke like me can jump in find the problem area's and make changes great stuff!!

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
I was looking at the old boys logs today Tom......yep he is older than me!!!....and we were playing around with some timing to kill knock. before we turn up the boost

BRIAN

twdorris

twdorris

ECMTuning, Inc.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

The great thing is that even an old bloke like me can jump in find the problem area's and make changes great stuff!!

LOL. Maybe because I'm an old bloke myself. :unsure:

Thomas Dorris

evopwr

evopwr

[DIY]

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
thomas, those videos are great! I hope there's more to follow.

alex
---

4G63t, AWD, Widebody

Posted Image

---

milkandoj

milkandoj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationPerth
yeah those were great ill be keen to see more!

twdorris

twdorris

ECMTuning, Inc.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

I hope there's more to follow.

There are, I promise. It's just a matter of finding time these days.

I think I'll put up a couple "case studies" next and then maybe an "advanced" fuel trim thing and, of course, a WOT tuning demo. :) We're getting completely sidetracked right now with business. It's good and bad, of course.

Thomas Dorris

rob323

rob323

Don't drive it, RALLY it!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts
  • LocationJoyner, Brisbane.
Another thumbs up from myself on the videos Thomas. An already good product is now superb. Now I just have to find a way for it to be able to control a Toyota Engine :P.
Chrome hater No. 1.
Former owner of the pair of ass kicking boots for purchasers of cheap ebay chinese knock off turbos. - Ass kicking boots now for sale SOLD.

VR4 - the "Old Skool" evo!

twdorris

twdorris

ECMTuning, Inc.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Now I just have to find a way for it to be able to control a Toyota Engine.

Thanks. And Tom is fine, BTW. As for the Toyota, best I can do is point you to a fellow that has it running in his Volvo (with the Volvo engine). I think he had to rewire and mount a cam/crank sensor. Plenty of work, of course, but not like completely gutting the car or anything.

Thomas Dorris
ECMTuning, Inc.

rob323

rob323

Don't drive it, RALLY it!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts
  • LocationJoyner, Brisbane.
Can you point me in said direction of said ovlov please Tom? Does he have a thread anywhere about the conversion?
Chrome hater No. 1.
Former owner of the pair of ass kicking boots for purchasers of cheap ebay chinese knock off turbos. - Ass kicking boots now for sale SOLD.

VR4 - the "Old Skool" evo!

twdorris

twdorris

ECMTuning, Inc.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
Yeah, definitely. Here's one such thread of his:

http://www.dsmtuners...olvo-940-a.html

Guy's name is Nathan.

Thomas Dorris

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Great stuff!

Makes me want to go back to a stock ecu on the AMG Galant.
I'm running a motec on it and its all good and all, but I've gotta add in some form of idle control because the thing cant control the stock stepper motor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users