Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

many tassie locals out there? who's in for a cruise

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

MikeyMike

MikeyMike

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationHobart
had my GSR down here for a few months now, and love it!

was thinking about going on a cruise
would like to explore lake leakes road, maybe go up or down through orford / swansea!

who is keen?

also what other good places are worth a look?

Fugitiv

Fugitiv

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationTas
I've never actually been through to strahan or zeehan but from what im told, the road to get there, from either north or south, is bloody awesome.

My personal fav would have to be the sideling to Scottsdale. Oldy buy a goody.
If your going to Swansea it'd be worth going through to Scottsdale then through to Launceston.

I'd be keen to come with, but my car isn't in fit shape to do anything atm.

Mike.

DOUGMO

DOUGMO

yoni lover

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,885 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
the road through mt arrowsmith to queenstown is mad,north from queenstown is good but its pretty high speed.

the sideling is getting pretty rough these days but its still pretty good

heleyer gorge is a bloody tops road too

GENUINE CE9A evo2 gsr track car
all fabrication BJP AUTOMOTIVE
winton 1:27.4 /// sandown 1:21.5 /// phillip island 1:49.2 /// haunted hills 59.1
/// eastern creek 1:35.4 /// winton short 1:01.4

MikeyMike

MikeyMike

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationHobart
im keen to organise a cruise some time, fugitve (mike) where abouts do you live in tassie?
what is up with your car at the moment? need some help?

let me know

Fugitiv

Fugitiv

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationTas
I live in Launceston, or close enough to it.
Mine's getting some paint/panel repairs done atm, its close to being ready, just need to blast the paint on.
Thanks for the offer mate, should be ok though ;)

I would be up for a cruise down the east coast... so long as its a cruise and not a race. Lol

QIK-247

QIK-247

Token Tassie

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationTasmania
im keen :)
97 N23W HyperGear R
267awkw on 17psi

Fugitiv

Fugitiv

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationTas
Right well i'm nearly set for a run again. Different colour bonnet and fill in panel but well it's japanese, i'll just play the drift damage card. :P

2-3 weeks and im in.

Cheers, Mike.

zen4G63

zen4G63

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationHobart, Tas
hi guys if u come to hobart i live on baskerville rd where the race track is so if you head down this way let me know and ill organise it for who ever wants to come, also have a work shop Garage at my house.
Zenio_mazzucca@hotmail.com

ZenTek
performance
Garage

Fugitiv

Fugitiv

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationTas
What do you mean by you'll organize it?
A day at basky?

zen4G63

zen4G63

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationHobart, Tas
well if anyone is keen and is a member of the hobart sporting car club it will only cost $70 for the day that is from 8 til 5 or when our fuel runs out lol, but i cant see that happening.

if not member it cost $140

i Live on Baskervile Rd have for few years now and i know the Track carer
well so i can just ring and ask for a day when no one is using the track.
It would be so cool to get as many 4363 or 4393 power head there for a bit of fun,
so who ever is in tassie who would like to have a track day let us know and when i know whos keen and what day best suit every one ill ring old mate and book us in,

regards

Zen

Edited by zen4G63, 20 June 2010 - 04:59 PM.

Fugitiv

Fugitiv

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationTas
Well im mega keen. I was hoping you would say something like that.
I better start saving for those coilovers :( lol

marinetowing

marinetowing

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationTas

well if anyone is keen and is a member of the hobart sporting car club it will only cost $70 for the day that is from 8 til 5 or when our fuel runs out lol, but i cant see that happening.

if not member it cost $140

i Live on Baskervile Rd have for few years now and i know the Track carer
well so i can just ring and ask for a day when no one is using the track.
It would be so cool to get as many 4363 or 4393 power head there for a bit of fun,
so who ever is in tassie who would like to have a track day let us know and when i know whos keen and what day best suit every one ill ring old mate and book us in,

regards

Zen

Track hours are from 9am till 5pm
If you intend on getting your moneys worth you WILL need spare fuel..... 40l minimum, running your car on the track is not the same as driving on the street- you will use a lot of fuel.
It will just be pot luck to get a day where the track is empty, regardless of if you know Des the caretaker or not, anyone can rock up and use the place without booking any day of the week apart from days that have been booked for official events.

To increase the chances of having the track to yourself plan to do it during a weekday as weekends usually have a lot of people on the circuit.
The only way to ensure you will have the track to yourself is to book it for a private day with Motorsports Tasmania but I think the fee was around 2 grand?
93 4G63 GSR LANCER
2010 Triton GLXR Turbo Diesel & ADM TME Tarmac rally car
Many thanks to my sponsors.... TASSAL, DOVER GOLF CLUB, IVAN@X3E MOTORSPORTS & PLASTIC FABRICATIONS/PRARIE GRAPHICS

If a dog's tail is still wagging, then how can that be rape?

zen4G63

zen4G63

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationHobart, Tas
thanks for the fix up,
yes he is right u will need a bit of fuel as i forgot to mention i used about a tank and a half to two tanks hard driving, so bring a spare fuel container full lol,
thanks
zen,

zen4G63

zen4G63

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationHobart, Tas
i can get u a set of K Sport coil overs for 1750, part No kit
KS-M13 GALANT VR4 (4WD) MCPHERSON(FRONT) 88~92 PILLOWBALL﹢ ALUMINIUM

36 DIFFERENT DAMPENING SETTINGS-Freely adjust the dampening settings to meet the requirement of street setup and enjoy the hedonics of speed.

McPherson coilover offer camber plate can be adjusted by pillowball upper mount for camber and handling and rubber upper mount for comfort and cannot adjust the camber angle are for customers options.

The major setup of spring rate and dampening setting is for daily street comfort use. As far as without effect the setup of daily street use and sometimes can be used for weekend racing.

∮50mm strut∮44mm piston for monotube design-Oil and gas separately to increase the stability dampening force. The shock body is made by forged aluminium (6061) to reduce the weight and increase the safety of the shock absorber. Due to this design can avoid the rusty of coilover because it will snow for some countries which will put some salt on the road.

The most important function for ride height adjustable is avoided to compress the spring by the spring seat caused the unusual sound when you change the ride height or lower the vehicle too much caused the spring seat does not snug the spring, that will damage the coilover. The coilover can be dropped 100mm~120mm from OE ride height.

Any application that doesn’t appear on our application guide can be customized to meet our customer’s requirements.
All applications listed on our website are for 2WD model unless we specify 4WD.
The "model year" defined for each application on our website might be different to the ones in each country; therefore, please confirm the "production years" with us if you cannot make sure.

this is what i have in mine and i have put 3 other sets in other peoples cars and i rate them,
all the best with it mate
Zen

Fugitiv

Fugitiv

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationTas
So it wouldn't just be us on the track then? Bunch of other random cars to have a shot at? Lol nice.

I doubt i'd need extra fuel. . . Not because i'm light on the throttle, nor because my car runs on an oily rag. . . But mainly because i'll without doubt break something 2 laps in. Lol

Buuut, Whats another 6 months off the road? pft, Just gotta make it worth it.
Count me in still. ;)

Edit: I'd love a set, but i'll still have to save my pennies and i'd rather not go see mr bank man just yet.
I'll keep them in mind though mate.

Oh yeah, one more thing... Are coil overs street legal at all?

Cheers, Mike.

Edited by Fugitiv, 21 June 2010 - 09:37 AM.

zen4G63

zen4G63

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationHobart, Tas
i can get u a set of K Sport coil overs for 1750, part No kit
KS-M13 GALANT VR4 (4WD) MCPHERSON(FRONT) 88~92 PILLOWBALL﹢ ALUMINIUM

36 DIFFERENT DAMPENING SETTINGS-Freely adjust the dampening settings to meet the requirement of street setup and enjoy the hedonics of speed.

McPherson coilover offer camber plate can be adjusted by pillowball upper mount for camber and handling and rubber upper mount for comfort and cannot adjust the camber angle are for customers options.

The major setup of spring rate and dampening setting is for daily street comfort use. As far as without effect the setup of daily street use and sometimes can be used for weekend racing.

∮50mm strut∮44mm piston for monotube design-Oil and gas separately to increase the stability dampening force. The shock body is made by forged aluminium (6061) to reduce the weight and increase the safety of the shock absorber. Due to this design can avoid the rusty of coilover because it will snow for some countries which will put some salt on the road.

The most important function for ride height adjustable is avoided to compress the spring by the spring seat caused the unusual sound when you change the ride height or lower the vehicle too much caused the spring seat does not snug the spring, that will damage the coilover. The coilover can be dropped 100mm~120mm from OE ride height.

Any application that doesn’t appear on our application guide can be customized to meet our customer’s requirements.
All applications listed on our website are for 2WD model unless we specify 4WD.
The "model year" defined for each application on our website might be different to the ones in each country; therefore, please confirm the "production years" with us if you cannot make sure.

this is what i have in mine and i have put 3 other sets in other peoples cars and i rate them,
all the best with it mate
Zen

bcozican

bcozican

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationHobart, Tasmania
a day on basky would be awsome! my cars only 4g15 powered atm :( but soon to be 93t :D id still be keen to take the little 1.5 carby out and see what it can do, do you need a CAMS lisence or anything??
cheers, Ben

galant vr4 turbo

galant vr4 turbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTasmania
hey guys im new to this fourm, yea i would b keen for a track day im down at launceston aswell :)

wilksy

wilksy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationlaunceston
im here fellas, will be keen once ive finished building and fitting the 4g63T VR4 motor ive just sourced to fit to my 84 GK GSR sigma :)

marinetowing

marinetowing

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationTas
Having a day at Baskerville on the 23rd of October if any of you guys are keen, so far another 2 evos have expressed interest.
93 4G63 GSR LANCER
2010 Triton GLXR Turbo Diesel & ADM TME Tarmac rally car
Many thanks to my sponsors.... TASSAL, DOVER GOLF CLUB, IVAN@X3E MOTORSPORTS & PLASTIC FABRICATIONS/PRARIE GRAPHICS

If a dog's tail is still wagging, then how can that be rape?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users