Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Petition against 'Low/High cars' aka Hoon Law - Sign it!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Dear Robert

Thanks for signing the online petition to fight NSW Labor's harsh new 4WD laws.

Although the Rees Government has backed down and put these new rules 'on hold', we must continue the fight.

I will be raising the matter in Parliament in the next few weeks and have voiced my opposition to these ridiculous laws strongly in the media.

In the meantime, please forward the online petition located at www.nothoons.com.au to as many friends and fellow 4WD enthusiasts as possible - we will need as many signatures as we can get!

Yours sincerely

Andrew Stoner MP
Shadow Minister for Roads
NSW Leader of The Nationals

Posted Image

Edited by EVO-00X, 27 August 2009 - 08:14 AM.

AWD. 2 Litre. GTX3076R 0.82.
330kw atw @ 28psi 98 pump fuel.

372kw atw @ 28psi E85 Flexfuel.
EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
We need a guy with Andrew's status in Parliament to fight for us now and in the future for the current and future laws that will effect the car modification scene. Let's support a politician who actually gives a shit about us! :)

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

Dean

Dean

• Moderators
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC
Love Stoner's :)
4G93T No More

shagger

shagger

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Signed. But i think the NSW govt will be out on their arse before this legislation is passed.
1990 aspec galant vr4

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
yea its nice for our opinions 2 finally be brought to the for front considering we are the people who will be affectd the most, yea deano go the stoners, lol

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Mr Daley, the Minister for Roads in NSW who wanted to bring in this Hoon Law in is now GONESKI!!!! :lol:
Got this message this morning:

To all of my RTA “troops”,

I wish to take this opportunity to say “thank you” to each of you where ever you may work in NSW, for the support and assistance you have shown me as your Minister in the last year.

It’s been a whirlwind year, filled with achievements in every directorate across the vast range of services the RTA provides.

The RTA is full great people, with pride in the organisation, experience, enthusiasm and above all a dedication to making progress for the people of NSW.

The RTA is in great shape because of each of you. You are a first-class outfit, as good as any comparable body in the world.

As NSW moves towards an exciting time with a new integrated transport strategy I have no doubt the RTA will play a leading role in this plan.

I’d like to thank Michael Bushby, who has been invaluable to me as Chief Executive and his senior staff who provide tremendous leadership and direction to the RTA.

Thankfully, the challenges will always be there (life is nothing without a challenge) but with Minister Campbell now overseeing both transport and roads, with your expertise and assistance, the RTA will advance its status as a leader in the public sector.

Being your Minister has been a great privilege. Thank you.

Michael Daley MP
Minister for Roads
Member for Maroubra

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
OH FUK! SPOKE TOO SOON!!! :o:o:o

THEY'VE JUST NAMED DALEY AS THE NEW POLICE MINISTER!!!!

Typical, now we've got a frikken cowboy who makes rash decisions without consultation, in charge of the NSW Police department! :thumbsdown:

This guy hates hoons and Im thinking things are going to get rather interesting in NSW under Daley's reign. :(

Edited by EVO-00X, 14 September 2009 - 03:05 AM.

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

JayRome

JayRome

Blurring the line between 1st to 3rd Gen engines....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Chosen Weapons:
WideBody Galant GSR 4g63 N/A+T Hybrid 1st/3rd gen +AWD
Audi A3 slow POS

3zercrowd

3zercrowd

Donating Member

• Administrators
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • LocationTownsville
Hey guys.

I signed the petition for myself and I signed it for the whole of Team4g.com.

I got this yesterday:

Dear www.team4g .com,

Yesterday I again raised the issue of the proposed changes to vehicle height restrictions in NSW Parliament. You can watch a video of my speech here.

It has been over 4 months since the ill-conceived laws were first announced and then put on hold. Since then we have had yet another Labor MP take over the Roads portfolio - that is 7 Ministers since 2002!

It is now also over 2 months since the NSW Parliament was told that the current Minister for Transport was "considering" the matter. This is not good enough.

In my speech yesterday I referred to an email I received indicating that in some areas Police may already be telling motorists that their vehicle heights are now illegal.

Over 3,800 people have signed up to our online petition calling on the NSW Labor to rule out their ill-conceived changes once and for all.

Please continue to encourage your fellow 4WD and car enthusiasts to logon and sign our petition.

Thank you and have a safe and enjoyable time on the State's roads this coming festive season.

Sincerely

Andrew Stoner MP
:lol: QUOTE OF THE YEAR>>>

BTW... does anyone else have a sore ass??

Dane/Lancer GSR

12.315@109.75MPH!!!

STILL Needs more Kilowatts!

Members rides> http://4gtuner.com/s...read.php?t=1910

milkandoj

milkandoj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationPerth
His speach was great! good to see some balance in power:thumbsup:

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
VICTORY!!!!

Posted Image

Dear Robert

Thanks to your efforts, we have made the Keneally Labor Government scrap its plans to introduce harsh vehicle modification laws (VSI-50).

This is a win for all 4WDers and car enthusiasts.

I will keep you updated on any further ill-conceived Labor plans, but please contact me with any other NSW roads issues.

Thank you and please remember to drive safely as we approach the festive season.

Kind Regards

Andrew Stoner MP
Leader of The Nationals

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

3zercrowd

3zercrowd

Donating Member

• Administrators
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • LocationTownsville
Ok discussion about it here in this thread.

Emails located here:

http://www.4gtuner.c...d-raising-laws/
:lol: QUOTE OF THE YEAR>>>

BTW... does anyone else have a sore ass??

Dane/Lancer GSR

12.315@109.75MPH!!!

STILL Needs more Kilowatts!

Members rides> http://4gtuner.com/s...read.php?t=1910

Gianni

Gianni

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
That's pretty cool. How did u get in contact with an mp about this
Gianni

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
I joined the online petition and have sent through some correspondence to his office over the past 12 months about some other motoring/emissions related agenda.
I just replied to his email basically thanking him for his committment in representing the greater motoring enthusiasts of Australia and that his efforts will not be forgotten :)
I you dont speak up with either a signature on a petition or addressing the MP in formal writing about something you believe in, then your voice will never be heard will it? :lol: This is a feel good result.

Edited by EVO-00X, 18 November 2010 - 08:29 AM.

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Good stuff! Now to do something about all the other crappy laws...

D3bb4

D3bb4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationSydney
noice. i got email too. hahaha. means maybe i dont have to stress so much to get my car engineered pronto!!!!!

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
Regarding lowered/slammed cars In Qld the minimum height to the lowest point is 100mm BUT that is with the max number of passenges or in a ute the max load of the tray and passengers please correct me if I am wrong.
I see a few stupidly lowered fully sick cars and utes that appear to have little or minimal spring/suspension movement the way they jiggle and bounce around on the road so one would hope that they would be the ones targeted.
Stiffly sprung cars actually take longer to stop in emerginacy situtions due to the tyres loseing contact with the undulating road surface due solely to the spring& shocker rates .

Edited by OLDIE, 18 January 2011 - 12:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users