Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

C73a Rear LSD FTW!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Jazz9

Jazz9

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Hi guys,

I just fitted a rear mech lsd to the c73a. With the visc front and mech rear - WICKED LAUNCHS!!!

Also does sick helis in the skid pan! No issues spinning all 4 wheels. I though that it would be hard to do a heli's with front and rear lsd's but no.... easy!

I'm off to the track again in the next month and I will post some videos. I'll prob just line up with the drifters --- lols.

Put slotted rear rotors on last night - anyone got some ideas of good pads?

Glen

trickydik_69

trickydik_69

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Locationbrisbane
I found that Ferodo GP2's did a really nice job for the price on my car. They dissipate the heat pretty well and I always managed to lock the wheels up no matter how how I got the brakes.

The trade off though, was that they're pretty dusty and wore away within about 2 years.

At the moment I've got some Bendix ultimate's sitting around waiting to go on. They cost me a pretty penny, so i'm expecting that they'll be good!

1 Quick Cyborg

1 Quick Cyborg

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationPerth WA
hey glen mean to hear that it does some good helis you will have to take me for a drive in it when i come down.

cblancergsr

cblancergsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationIpswich
if you can get a hold of ferrodo formula pads get them excellent pads
as for bendix pretty much all bendix pads are good except for i think the ultimates.

the bendix ultimates are good except for the brake dust and that was coming from bendix themselfs but it all really depends on whatr you are going too do with the car becuase every type of driving required different types of pads

trickydik_69

trickydik_69

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Locationbrisbane

if you can get a hold of ferrodo formula pads get them excellent pads
as for bendix pretty much all bendix pads are good except for i think the ultimates.

the bendix ultimates are good except for the brake dust and that was coming from bendix themselfs but it all really depends on whatr you are going too do with the car becuase every type of driving required different types of pads

Hey bro, so do you mean they are a dusty pad that will wear away pretty quickly?

When I asked the dude at the Bursons Auto parts counter, he said that they weren't, and that they were a lot more expensive 'cos they last longer.

To be honest, I don't really know 'cos I havn't put them on my car yet. But I'm just hoping they'll be worth the cost

mrcyborg

mrcyborg

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
good to hear you got the lsd happening glen, did you buy russels old one?
i got one in mine to and it does some pretty good sideways action so far!! but i dont have front sadly, i do have an evo box with mech front lsd, but i have that reserved for the fwd.
i am dieing to try some helis too!!! i got no where to try them.
1990 lancer gsr 2door(mirage cyborg) well modded 4g61t. for sale
1987 mirage cyborg 4door 4wd. decent mods, looks boring, goes hard. 4g63t e3 hypersport turbo, ecmlink, os giken twin, front center and rear mechanical lsd's launch machine!

trickydik_69

trickydik_69

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Locationbrisbane
lol guys this might sound like a really dump question, but what are these helis that you guys keep talking about? it's new to me

Jazz9

Jazz9

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Hey guys,

I'm prob getting the ultimates as I do a fair bit of track work with the car.

Helis = http://au.youtube.co...CSa4JAwMdc&NR=1

That evo 7 rs was doing OK helis but the c73a does better :D I was very supprised at how easy it is. No handbrake - no clutch kick nothing .... Just turn in and 60-70% throttle and about 6000-7000rpm.

I got russ's LSD!

Glen

to4garret

to4garret

Uses thread locker.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts
  • LocationPerth, WA
I got some Ferodo DS2500's for a E3 made up Glen.

Great pads! They do take a little to heat up, usually about as long as it takes to warm the motor up fully. but once hot they stop very well.

I would deffinatly recomend them, they are more suited to track work than street, but work fine either way.

cblancergsr

cblancergsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationIpswich
why did u need too get ds2500 made up for because e3s are off shelf items

for the bendix ultimates they bendix rep says the last long and they are really good for racing and high performance cars but they just put brake dust everywhere.

they arent soft compound like european cars and cheap pads, they are a hard compound which will last longer but i cant remember what the brake dust was actually from the guy told me but ive got a very short memory

trickydik_69

trickydik_69

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Locationbrisbane

why did u need too get ds2500 made up for because e3s are off shelf items

for the bendix ultimates they bendix rep says the last long and they are really good for racing and high performance cars but they just put brake dust everywhere.

they arent soft compound like european cars and cheap pads, they are a hard compound which will last longer but i cant remember what the brake dust was actually from the guy told me but ive got a very short memory

Hey bro, you say they are a hard compound pad and yet very dusty at the same time right? Don't those two points contradict each other. I mean, soft pads are dusty because they wear away quickly. Hard pads are not, because they don't wear away quickly.

That's just my educated opinion anyway...

mrcyborg

mrcyborg

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
forget the ultimates, they wont hold if you brake hard enough.
the ferodo formulas i like, but guys in e3's can fry them. the ds2500's are good. and bendix do SRT and RACE pads also, which are much better suited than the ultimates.

i am so going to try a heli when i get a chance.
1990 lancer gsr 2door(mirage cyborg) well modded 4g61t. for sale
1987 mirage cyborg 4door 4wd. decent mods, looks boring, goes hard. 4g63t e3 hypersport turbo, ecmlink, os giken twin, front center and rear mechanical lsd's launch machine!

to4garret

to4garret

Uses thread locker.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts
  • LocationPerth, WA
i should have explained a bit more.

the fronts are E3, rears are modded VR4, so they were made up

cblancergsr

cblancergsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationIpswich
yer it does contradict eachother but that was coming from the bendix rep soo i dont know why they are dusty for

trickydik_69

trickydik_69

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Locationbrisbane

yer it does contradict eachother but that was coming from the bendix rep soo i dont know why they are dusty for

Lol, yeah the Bendix Rep's are probably just like the staff at your local Repco....havn't got a bloody clue!

rob323

rob323

Don't drive it, RALLY it!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts
  • LocationJoyner, Brisbane.

for the bendix ultimates, the bendix rep says the last long and they are really good for racing and high performance cars

baahahahahahahahahahahahahaha rofl!

Ultimates last exactly..............wait for it.............TWO laps of Lakeside in a vr4 before fading into oblivion, that's just 4 hard stomps on the pedal. I threw them in the same bin I threw the EBC green pads.
Chrome hater No. 1.
Former owner of the pair of ass kicking boots for purchasers of cheap ebay chinese knock off turbos. - Ass kicking boots now for sale SOLD.

VR4 - the "Old Skool" evo!

cblancergsr

cblancergsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationIpswich
bloody hell yer the ebc rep was saying good things about the green stuff pads i believed him lol most reps are like the guys at repco and they all know how too rip every poor C$NT off

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Lol

What pads are you using now? I'm gonna go buy a set of what your on!!!

cblancergsr

cblancergsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationIpswich
ive got bendix gct alll round on my cb gsr but its stock they were good for what i wanted too do too the car at that point in time

N0NTRY

N0NTRY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hey what sort of lsd did you get? does it fit in the orignal diff housing? thanks. i own a c73a sedan and keen to get a lsd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users